Is this a good router for Netflix?
- Asked by Timothy C from Fort Erie
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a good router for Netflix?)
2 Answers from the Community
It's great for Netflix, but you should be aware that the limiting factor for most people is the speed of their internet service, not the router capacity. You'll be happiest if you have a connection with an upload speed of 25 mbps or higher. I have a 50 mbps connection, the new Airport extreme, and Netflix is smooth even with UHD content such as House of Cards.
Note, though, that most TVs and AppleTV aren't set up to use 802.11ac yet, so most likely you'll be using the slower n-band, which is still plenty fast enough for most material, including HD and UHD (as long as you don't have 6 roommates using the system at the same time!). I've resorted to connecting my TV via ethernet to take advantage of the fiber connection I have. When Apple comes out with a new AppleTV with 802.11ac, I'll switch back to wi-fi for Netflix.
- Answered by Brian W from Lincoln
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have this router and netflix streams wirelessly through my blu ray player. It works excellent. I have not had a single issue.
- Answered by Andrew S from Plains
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Are these Airpods good for use while running or working out?
- Asked by Thomas Z from Havelock
- Sep 9, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Are these Airpods good for use while running or working out?)
- Asked about: AirPods
is the apple usb superdrive good for backing up photos?
- Asked by Shelby M from Deerfield
- Dec 13, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (is the apple usb superdrive good for backing up photos?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Is the router in the Time Capsule the same router used in the Airport Extreme? Or is it not as efficient?
- Asked by Gary H from Belle River
- Jan 14, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the router in the Time Capsule the same router used in the Airport Extreme? Or is it not as efficient?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB