Does the Airport Extreme and/or Time Capsule support vlan tagging for either of the two networks (wireless/guest)?
It seems the guest network only allows access out through the WAN interface? or can it be set to utilize a guest vlan allowing a separate router to determine what access wireless guest devices may have.
How about multiple ssid support?
- Asked by Daniel C from Evanston
- Flag as inappropriate (vlan tagging)
1 Answer from the Community
As far as multiple ssid support, there is one ssid for the guest network & one ssid for the primary network.
The guest network is completely disparate from the primary network, with no vlan tagging support within the controlling software for either network.
I know it's not a happy answer, but it answers your question.
- Answered by Norman L from Richardson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this product support native Vlans?
- Asked by Alexander K from Horsmonden
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this product support native Vlans?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
Malaysia TM UNIFI and Maxis Home Fiber VLAN Setting?
- Asked by Chris W from Kuala Lumpur
- Aug 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Malaysia TM UNIFI and Maxis Home Fiber VLAN Setting?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB