would the airport extreme replace a lynksys router
We live in an apartment that is 180 square meters, and currently re using a lynksys router. I was reading about the Airport Extreme and was wondering if I can replace the router. Currently the signal comes and goes and it is difficult in certain areas of the apartment
We have an ethernet connection with the internet supplier at 25 mg speed. How will this product improve what we already have?
- Asked by Victoria C from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate (would the airport extreme replace a lynksys router)
2 Answers from the Community
I just had a Cisco Linksys 4500 that was acting up and I wanted to hookup an airport express to it to airplay music. Well the Linksys is getting replaced because it can't keep up wit the Apple products. I temporarily am using the airport express as THE router and it blows away the coverages that I had and the speed... I am going to purchase an airport extreme for the main router now- and use the airport express on a remote stereo, as it will also extend the network as well.
- Answered by Gregg M from Manahawkin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You should be able to replace your current router with this Airport Extreme. Just hook it up to your cable modem and activate using Airport Utility in your Utilities folder found in Applications (assuming you have a Mac computer that's running at least OSX 10.7.5 and Airport Utility 1.3). My download speeds improved significantly switching from the previous Airport Extreme to this model.
- Answered by Daniel T from Redlands
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is the router in the Time Capsule the same router used in the Airport Extreme? Or is it not as efficient?
- Asked by Gary H from Belle River
- Jan 14, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the router in the Time Capsule the same router used in the Airport Extreme? Or is it not as efficient?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
I have a Verizon WiFi Router hooked to my TV. Will the Airport Extreme Router cause any problems with the Cable Router?
- Asked by John R from Englewood
- Jun 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Verizon WiFi Router hooked to my TV. Will the Airport Extreme Router cause any problems with the Cable Router?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive