Do you need to backup or move items stored on the sdram before replacing? When you replace does everything stored on it go with it?
1 Answer from the Community
No, you don't. RAM is only used as your computer runs a program. Hard drive space is for actual files. For example a computer could have 500GB of hard drive space and only 8GB of RAM. Having more RAM is only useful for quickly running multiple programs at one time. So no, you don't need to back up the memory, but you would if you were buying a new hard drive.
- Answered by Jack S from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How long can a pick up item be left at an Apple Store?
- Asked by Andrew C from Miami
- Sep 29, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (How long can a pick up item be left at an Apple Store?)
- Asked about: iPhone
Does this replace broken cable?
- Asked by Paige H from Camarillo
- Jan 5, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this replace broken cable?)
- Asked about: Beats Audio Cable
No answers yet