got a digital to analogue audio converter (Apple TV dig > analogue stereo amp). It needs a 5v usb power source, will Apple 5W usb adapter work?
1 Answer from the Community
Well, it is just a common power adapter, and just as any other ones on the market, they work alike. If you get the cord, then sure, you can. However, if you feel the plug becoming hot (not warm, like 100*F, I will suggest you stop using this one and look for one that is with higher output current. Like the standard Apple one with 5.1V, 2.1A output VIA standard USB.
COME ON, it is just a power adapter.
- Answered by Xavier J from Kansas City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the USB port power third party peripherals?
- Asked by Steven H
- Dec 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB port power third party peripherals?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Is the Apple 5W USB Power Adapter included with the Lightning to USB
- Asked by Rafael A G from Kissimmee
- Sep 30, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Apple 5W USB Power Adapter included with the Lightning to USB)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)