Does this work with the Apple USB SuperDrive disc player ?
- Asked by Rene C from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the Apple USB SuperDrive disc player ?)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes, I have the latest shipping model of the Apple USB SuperDrive and it works fine with the USB-C Multipart Adapter with my 2016 MacBook.
- Answered by Mark R from San Clemente
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I connected the Apple USB SuperDrive to this adapter and was able to watch a DVD on my MacBook Pro. I was also able to connect through the HDMI of the same adapter to a TV without a problem (audio & video). But as soon as I connected power to charge the computer to the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter at the same time, the Apple USB SuperDrive quit completely. It also will not work if you try to connect to a TV through AirPlay.
- Answered by Craig O from Placentia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes it does. (2017 MacBook Pro with 2017 Apple Superdrive). Its the ONLY thing that will power it - other than plugging directly into laptop.
- Answered by Chad V from Goshen
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I use apple remote with the usb superdrive?
- Asked by Brandy B from Glen Ellyn
- Jun 5, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use apple remote with the usb superdrive?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote
how to ejet a disc from Apple USB SuperDrive
- Asked by Emalou R from Westport
- Jul 13, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (how to ejet a disc from Apple USB SuperDrive)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive