External CD/DVD Drive not working with Multiport Adaptor
I recently bought an external CD drive. It works great on other computers, but due to the multiport adaptor it does not seem to have enough power. How do I connect it? Is there another connecter I need to buy?
- Asked by Kathleen M from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate (External CD/DVD Drive not working with Multiport Adaptor)
1 Answer from the Community
Is the external drive an Apple SuperDrive? I've used the SuperDrive with this adapter and it works, but if your drive is something else, then it may very well require more power or not work for some other reason. If the problem is not enough power, the best solution that I can think of is to get a powered hub that has a USB port that can supply enough power for your drive. You might already have one that you can use to test. If that doesn't work, then I can't think of anything else that would.
- Answered by Michael G from Anaheim
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Where can I get a CD/DVD burning software? That is compatible with my New iMAC. I can't find it.
- Asked by Miguel S from Jacksonville
- Nov 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I get a CD/DVD burning software? That is compatible with my New iMAC. I can't find it.)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Will this adaptor work with my arcam rCube?
- Asked by Benjamin D
- Dec 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adaptor work with my arcam rCube?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
No answers yet