Will this adapter when used with the new 12" Retina MacBook allow simultaneous Mac charging while also powering a USB portable drive ?
Since the new 12" Retina MacBook has just a USB-C port the issue arises on how an external HD can be attached. If say, one wants a self-powered USB HD access can this be plugged into the adapter with or without the USB-C power cable connected ? If the USB-C power cable is connected to the adapter will it both charge the Mac as well as providing power to the USB self powered HD ? Thanks.
1 Answer from the Community
In my experience, it usually worked, but I also had a larger 4 TB Seagate drive (that actually contained two spinning drives) which would automatically eject. So, for standard one-drive externals, it's fine.
- Answered by Rick M from Simpsonville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this adapter allow use of Apple Superdrive with 2017 MacBook 12"
- Asked by Jim P from Oakville
- Jan 18, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter allow use of Apple Superdrive with 2017 MacBook 12")
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Can this adapter be used with a Lightning to USB Cable to charge an iPad or iPhone using the 29W USB-C Power Adapter?
- Asked by David G
- Apr 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used with a Lightning to USB Cable to charge an iPad or iPhone using the 29W USB-C Power Adapter?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter