Is this just for MacBooks or does it work on other devices such as iPhones and iPads?
3 Answers from the Community
Not sure what you're asking. The iPhone/iPad do not have a USB-C port. If you are asking will this connect an iPhone/iPad to a MacBook or other device that has a USB-C port instead of a USB type A port, then yes, you can, provided you have a charge/sync cable with the USB end that can plug into the USB section of this adapter.
- Answered by Elise D from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It will work with any USB-C device. However, there is no such thing as an iPhone or iPad with a USB-C port, so I'm not sure why you would need this.
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The connection for this USB connector is specific to the USB C drive on Mac Book. But it is a USB so you can connect any apple device using the USB cable supplied with your device by removing from the plug.
- Answered by Kim C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
compatible with older devices?
- Asked by Pablo D from Forest Hills
- Sep 9, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (compatible with older devices?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack …
No answers yet
Will it charge your device and work with iPhones too?
- Asked by Aaron P from Sylmar
- Mar 22, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it charge your device and work with iPhones too?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Will air pods work with android devices?
- Asked by Steve J from Layton
- Sep 8, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will air pods work with android devices?)
- Asked about: AirPods