I want to use this 29W USC-C Power Adapter to charge my MacBookAir When I am in Europe can I plug this adapter into an adapter plug without problems?
1 Answer from the Community
There are multiple options available to you: If you are in North America with the 2 Flat-Pin connector, you can plug this directly into a typical pin converter (will adapt the 2 Flat-Pins to 2 standard Euro-Pins).
This is because the 29W USB-C Power Adapter supports multiple input voltages (100-240V).
This option is risky, and you will find that this pin-converter will get quite hot. Manufacture is not quite up to "Apple Standards".
The best option is to purchase the World Traveller Kit. This has multiple adapters for more than 90% of countries in the world. All are approved for use on all Apple power adapters.
- Answered by Russell D from Thornhill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Could you take this adapter and plug it into the 29W USB Type -C Power Adapter and then charge your iPhone 6 plus?
- Asked by Chelsea G from Bethpage
- Apr 17, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Could you take this adapter and plug it into the 29W USB Type -C Power Adapter and then charge your iPhone 6 plus?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Can I buy this with a Europen Plug
- Asked by Frank H from Highbury
- Jan 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy this with a Europen Plug)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
Does this adapter work with the 29W USB power adapter or Apple TV 4th Generation?
- Asked by Zachary E from Caledonia
- Feb 8, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter work with the 29W USB power adapter or Apple TV 4th Generation?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter