Why does this bracelet cost more than the entire watch series 3?
I am trying to understand why this band cost more than the watch itself with a regular watch band. I can buy Citizen Eco Drive for approx 3-5 hundred dollars. I understand it is proprietary but does that truly mean a 11-13x markup from a band that can be bought at Target for $39.99?
- Asked by Kyle T from Chesapeake
- Flag as inappropriate (Why does this bracelet cost more than the entire watch series 3?)
3 Answers from the Community
This is a brilliant strap for around 6 months and then the surface starts wearing,
It is certainly not worth the extra money. The sports strap is much better quality at around 10% of the cost.( I had to buy one after losing my claim against Apple who still say it is just acceptable cosmetic wear).
- Answered by John Q
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
When you see and use this strap you will understand why it is this price.
It is so comfortable, light and secure you will hardly notice it.
Hope this helps
- Answered by Kevin M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
This band is made of stainless steel, and Apple makes them using elaborate processes and high quality tolerances. Many (not all) 3rd party accessories are made cheaply, with lesser workmanship and quality. And Apple charges a premium for many accessories. I would say the Apple stuff is (almost always) better. Only you can decide if it's worth the price.
- Answered by Jon D from Alexandria
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can use the watch series 3 for biking
- Asked by Kim J from Clinton
- Jun 1, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can use the watch series 3 for biking)
- Asked about: Watch
No answers yet
What is the difference between the series 3 and that Nike series 3
- Asked by Michelle P from Phoenix
- Jul 22, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between the series 3 and that Nike series 3)
- Asked about: Watch
Does the series 3 watch fit series 1 watch bands?
- Asked by Barbara B from Portland
- Sep 16, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the series 3 watch fit series 1 watch bands?)
- Asked about: 38mm Black Sport Loop