Can you use the Apple Pencil to make notes, fill in forms, and sign documents?
Wondering if the Apple Pencil would be useful to me, would mainly like for note taking, filling in forms & signing documents. Thought it worked on the screen for anything but I'm reading differently in the comments.
- Asked by Sandra M from St Louis
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the Apple Pencil to make notes, fill in forms, and sign documents?)
1 Answer from the Community
I have very recently bought an iPad Pro 12.9" and an Apple Pencil. My basic aim was to read books and write notes on the book while I read. This is what I have learnt:
1. I had created many documents in Microsoft Word and Pages on my Mac Book Pro and had later saved these in pdf format. I copied these pdf documents to my iPad Pro using AirDrop. When I open these documents in iPad Pro, a circular pencil tip symbol appears in the right upper corner of the document, clicking on which enables me to write on the document with Apple Pencil and my finger as well.
2. I am learning Arabic language and have downloaded some free pdf books and video lectures on the subject. I wanted to take notes on the pdf book while listening to the video. Initially I could not do that. With trial and error, I learnt that if I first make the pdf book 'editable' it was then possible to write on its pages as I have described above in para 1.
3. This is how I converted my pdf book in to an editable document. I opened the pdf book on my Mac Book Pro using 'Preview'. On the top part of the screen, I found a pen tool with an arrow to open a drop-down manue. While I clicked on it, a message appeared that my original document was not editable therefore an editable copy has been created. I was able to locate that copy next to where I had saved the original book. I copied that editable pdf book to my iPad Pro and was delighted to find that it was possible to write on the pages of that book as well.
- Answered by Irfan M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How to sign with handwritten signature?
- Asked by William L from Berkeley
- Apr 13, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (How to sign with handwritten signature?)
- Asked about: iPad
No answers yet
Pencil feels different Think the tip might need replaced. How do you know if your apple pensil needs to have the tip replaced?
- Asked by Joseph S from St. Peter's
- Jan 28, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Pencil feels different Think the tip might need replaced. How do you know if your apple pensil needs to have the tip replaced?)
- Asked about: Apple Pencil Tips - 4 pack
Can music stream to MORE THAN TWO homepods simultaneously? Can you fill the house with sound?
- Asked by Michael W from West Hollywood
- Jul 30, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can music stream to MORE THAN TWO homepods simultaneously? Can you fill the house with sound?)
- Asked about: HomePod