What does the pencil do that a stylus cannot?
Does the pencil act as anything more than a stylus? What is the point of spending 100$ on a stylus just because it has the apple name on it when it doesn't do anything more than a $20 basic one?
- Asked by Emily P from Holland
- Flag as inappropriate (What does the pencil do that a stylus cannot?)
2 Answers from the Community
The biggest thing for me is the pressure sensitivity! As an artist, it’s incredibly useful to control the thickness and opacity of my lines by how hard I press. The added precision can also help if you handwrite on your iPad, but if you do that without issues with a regular stylus, there’s probably no need for you to go for the Apple Pencil.
- Answered by Torrey A from Kirkland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Because the Apple iPencil is way more precise than any stylus. And a whole lot more durable than any stylus on the market. Once I added up all the stylus' I have bought online and in-store, they equal a WHOLE LOT MORE than the iPencil!!
- Answered by Diantha H from Rock Island
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Hi...Can I use a stylus instead of the Apple pencil on the new iPad?
- Asked by Stephen O
- Apr 13, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi...Can I use a stylus instead of the Apple pencil on the new iPad?)
- Asked about: iPad
How to charge Apple Pencil?
- Asked by Jose R from Kansas City
- Sep 6, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (How to charge Apple Pencil?)
- Asked about: Apple Pencil Tips - 4 pack
Is there a place to hold a stylus
- Asked by Allan S from Marlboro
- Nov 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a place to hold a stylus)
- Asked about: iPad Air 2 Smart Case - (PRODUCT)RE…