Have I understood correctly from the keynote...this adapter is compatible with usb to ethernet adapter for non-wifi internet access?
In addition to the above question, can this be used with a 30-pin to lightning connector also with an ethernet adapter?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, using iOS 10.2.1 I was able to hook an Apple USB to Ethernet adapter to the USB to lightning adapter for wired access. This worked with iPad Pro (9.7") and iPhone 7 (with battery case). In Settings, you will see an Ethernet option that tells you the IP address but the WiFi symbol (or cellular) will disappear on the front screen.
You will need to hook the Camera (USB3) adapter to a 12W power source for this to work, but since you're now wired anyway, this was no biggie.
As for the 30 pin question... I have no idea. :(
- Answered by Edward S from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this adapter together with the USB Ethernet Adapter to get the MacBook to connect to the Internet?
- Asked by Amy C
- Mar 14, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter together with the USB Ethernet Adapter to get the MacBook to connect to the Internet?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter
Can two mac air be hard wired on a thunderbolt to gigabit ethernet adapter?
- Asked by Jacques C from Riverside
- Jul 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can two mac air be hard wired on a thunderbolt to gigabit ethernet adapter?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…