Can this cable be used to connect an external SSD to an iPhone or iPad?
1 Answer from the Community
No, it is not supported. There are a Lightning to USB and a Lightning to SD Card adapters available (different to this cable), but they have a very different purpose - to copy files off your digital camera's memory card to your iPhone/iPad's memory. They do not allow file management. In order to manage files on an external storage device, you need to use an external storage with its own app for iOS to do so. For example, there are Wi-Fi-equipped external HDD devices that are compatible with iOS using an app from their (HDD) manufacturer.
- Answered by Арсений Б
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- Jun 21, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Can this be used on an iPad
- Asked by Maria G
- Jul 2, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used on an iPad)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter