I've lost my apple TV remote. Will this replace it and work straight away?
- Asked by Louise T from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate I've lost my apple TV remote. Will this replace it and work straight away?
2 Answers from the Community
It depends. If you have the new Apple TV, you have to get the Siri Remote (Not this remote). But if you have an older Apple TV, (the 2nd or 3rd generation) this will work.
- Answered by Harry H from Toorak
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
YES this remote will work with all Apple TV models. You do NOT need the new Siri remote for the new Apple TV (HD or 4K). I prefer this remote to the Siri remote when using an Apple TV 4K (I do not like the touch-pad built into the Siri remote. I find it difficult to use) There are two limitations: Limitation 1 - this is a "line-of-sight" remote. You have to point this remote at the front of the Apple TV for it to work. (The Siri remote can be pointed anywhere...) Limitation 2- this remote does not have a "Home" button. SO - if you want to click the "home" button to pull up that special "home" button menu - this remote can't do it.
- Answered by William H from Winter Springs
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
i've a macbook pro. SSD has replaced the optical drive and mac seems to have forgotten its old hardware. could the mac work with an external now....?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- 12 Jan 2014
- Flag as inappropriate i've a macbook pro. SSD has replaced the optical drive and mac seems to have forgotten its old hardware. could the mac work with an external now....?
Do they work with Skype and Zoom? And is the microphone in these good enough to use them in a conference call-ie can they replace my Logitech headset?