How do apple AirPods work with iPhone 6s being it doesn't have the special chip adapter used for pairing the iPhone to the earbuds themselves?
I wanna know if I have to always manually connect them with Bluetooth every time I wanna use them. I don't wanna buy the iPhone 7 just for the convenience of fast adapting but if they don't adapt the way I've seen them in YouTube videos then I will have a tough decision to make.
1 Answer from the Community
The special chip you refer to (the W1) is the AirPods, not the iPhone. So, the AirPods will work with all iPhones.
The AirPods will automatically connect to all the iDevices that are signed into your iCloud account. You do not have to pair them individually with your iDevices.
- Answered by Venkat I from Vernon Hills
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Do I pair My HomePod with my iPad or iPhone?
- Asked by John B from San Antonio
- Apr 6, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I pair My HomePod with my iPad or iPhone?)
- Asked about: HomePod
Will we receive the same benefits of the lightning Apple earbuds using a 6s as with the new iPhone 7?
- Asked by Scott C from Chamblee
- Sep 8, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will we receive the same benefits of the lightning Apple earbuds using a 6s as with the new iPhone 7?)
- Asked about: EarPods with Lightning Connector