How will these be backwards compatible with earlier Iphone models if not using Bluetooth?
1 Answer from the Community
AirPods is a wireless set of earbuds that uses bluetooth like any other bluetooth earbuds on the market. It is backward compatible with previous iPhone models so long as you have bluetooth setting on. Without running iOS10, you do not get the Auto-Pairing feature and must pair the AirPods manually each time you wish to use it via pressing and holding a small button on the back of the carrying case of the AirPods with the AirPods themselves in the case to make it discoverable.
- Answered by Xinran M from Malmo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is it compatible with iPhone 4s for taking calls, music and volume control?
- Asked by Mohinder S from New Delhi
- Dec 25, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it compatible with iPhone 4s for taking calls, music and volume control?)
- Asked about: BeatsX Earphones - Matte Gold