can i use this chain: new macbook pro >>> usb-c adapter (usb-c to thunderbold 2) >>> thunderbolt cable >>> imac minidisplay insert- secodary display
1 Answer from the Community
Only if your iMac supports Target Display Mode. See HT204592 "Use your iMac as a display with Target Display Mode" on the Apple support website.
That document says that some iMacs can use Mini DisplayPort as input as well as Thunderbolt. In that case, I would consider using just a USB-C to Mini DisplayPort cable.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is there a USB C male to female cable - so that adaptor can be at a further distance from the Macbook pro?
- Asked by Nitesh C from Norcross
- May 17, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a USB C male to female cable - so that adaptor can be at a further distance from the Macbook pro?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Will this work with the new Macbook Pro thunderbolt 3 (usb-c) ports?
- Asked by Jonathan S from Astoria
- Oct 30, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the new Macbook Pro thunderbolt 3 (usb-c) ports?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…