can i use this chain: new macbook pro >>> usb-c adapter (usb-c to thunderbold 2) >>> thunderbolt cable >>> imac minidisplay insert- secodary display
1 Answer from the Community
Only if your iMac supports Target Display Mode. See HT204592 "Use your iMac as a display with Target Display Mode" on the Apple support website.
That document says that some iMacs can use Mini DisplayPort as input as well as Thunderbolt. In that case, I would consider using just a USB-C to Mini DisplayPort cable.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use it for the new macbook with lighting to usb type-c adapter?
- Asked by Neng-hao Y from San Francisco
- 20 Dec 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use it for the new macbook with lighting to usb type-c adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader
Will this work with the new Macbook Pro thunderbolt 3 (usb-c) ports?
- Asked by Jonathan S from Astoria
- 30 Oct 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the new Macbook Pro thunderbolt 3 (usb-c) ports?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…