Can I used this adapter to connect a new MBP to a legacy Apple 27in Monitor; and how do I connect the Magsafe connector to a second USB-C?
3 Answers from the Community
If you are referring to the 27" Thunderbolt Display, then yes, it will work for the display, and should work for the audio/camera/USB ports/network ports too. However, there is no way to connect a MagSafe connector to USB-C, you will need a separate USB-C charge cable and charger such as the one that comes with the new MBP.
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, you can use this adapter to connect late-2016 MacBook Pro to an Apple Thunderbolt Display. However, there is no adapter to convert MagSafe to USB-C, so you will need an external charger.
- Answered by Edward K from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, you can use it to connect to a display port monitor,
You will need a separate power supply, there is no magsafe to usb adapter
- Answered by Eduardo M from Torreon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can the USB-C ports on this be used interchangeably (reversed) and still provide full connectivity to the new Macbook?
- Asked by Brian M from Bayside
- Mar 11, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the USB-C ports on this be used interchangeably (reversed) and still provide full connectivity to the new Macbook?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Is the second lightning port on the adapter fully functional?
- Asked by Stephen M
- Nov 19, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the second lightning port on the adapter fully functional?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter