Could it be this adpater is responsible for faster MBP battery drain?
When I'm at my desk my late-2016 15" MBP is connected via thunderbolt cable to my late-2013 iMac which then acts as an external display for the MBP (target display mode).
I've had the connector for 2-3 weeks now, and in that period I found my MBP on more than one occassion completely drained of power in the morning in this configuration:
- screen-lid of the MBP is open
- power-cable not attached to MBP (energy saving: the MBP is getting reasonably warm as well after a periode of time)
- Thunderbolt 3/2-adapter attached to MBP and iMac
- started running Bitdefender for Mac in the same period << this might be (part of) the problem too
I don't think I've had that same experience before I had the adapter (and Bitdefender..).
I'll do some tests to see what might be the rootcause
- Asked by Pascal D from Merelbeke
- Flag as inappropriate (Could it be this adpater is responsible for faster MBP battery drain?)
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
Does it drain the device's battery?
- Asked by Rhana M from Vallejo
- Sep 8, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it drain the device's battery?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack …
does the air pods drain battery on your iPhone and how long does the battery life last?
- Asked by Nate Z from Deer Park
- Oct 2, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (does the air pods drain battery on your iPhone and how long does the battery life last?)
- Asked about: AirPods