I have an Apple Thunderbolt monitor but getting a new PC laptop that has a Thunderbolt 3 (UCB C) adapter. Will this adapter allow PC to Mac monitor?
Specifically Lenovo P51s with the Thunderbolt Dock. Can I use this adapter to connect to the Mac Thunderbolt monitor and get full resolution?
1 Answer from the Community
The Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter works with many PC's with Thunderbolt 3 ports to allow connecting a Thunderbolt display.
I don't know if it works with the Lenova P51s. It may depend on the Thunderbolt firmware version so make sure it's up to date.
The Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter is probably the least expensive available. The Apple adapter also has the ability to use Thunderbolt 3 devices with Thunderbolt 2 computers (most or all other adapters only allow using Thunderbolt 2 devices with Thunderbolt 3 computers).
If the Apple adapter doesn't work with your PC, then Intel has a list of other Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapters that will work. Search the Products | Thunderbolt Technology Community page.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this adapter be used on a PC and Dell monitor?
- Asked by Mark B from Westland
- Feb 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used on a PC and Dell monitor?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
Can I use this device to download data from an old digital camera with a FireWire port to a new PC laptop with a thunderbolt port?
- Asked by Stephen S
- Dec 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this device to download data from an old digital camera with a FireWire port to a new PC laptop with a thunderbolt port?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
Does the mini-display adapter work with the new thunderbolt Macs?
- Asked by John Mark A from Palo Alto
- May 12, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the mini-display adapter work with the new thunderbolt Macs?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter