Does this adapter support microphone-input from a headset?
In other words, does it contain a DAC for both the stereo-output AND mono mic input? And have TRRS-pins for left/right/ground/mic.
2 Answers from the Community
It does work but I will say this; I have been noticing a lot of complaints from callers since using my iPhone 7. I blamed AT&T for the longest. I just did an experiment with the adapter and using the phone mic. Voice quality on the phone mic was perfect. Voice quality using a headphone with the adapter produced a very muted and muffled output. No wonder people were complaining they couldn't hear me. If I use the headphones on another phone without the adapter, the headphone mic is also fine.
My conclusion is there is a serious mic degradation if you are going to use headphones / inline mic and the 3.5 adapter.
- Answered by Rob V from Oreland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, it supports microphone, volume up/down, start-stop buttons.
- Answered by John K from Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the 3.5mm headset jack support headsets with microphones?
- Asked by Chris L from Austin
- Feb 17, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the 3.5mm headset jack support headsets with microphones?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White
what is the input range of the power adapter?
- Asked by Samera K from Mississauga
- Jun 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the input range of the power adapter?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
Can the Airpods be used with iphone 7 as a wireless microphone for video production (using the iphone video cam)?
- Asked by Scott H from Hillsboro
- Sep 30, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airpods be used with iphone 7 as a wireless microphone for video production (using the iphone video cam)?)
- Asked about: AirPods