Is this a portable amplifier, or does the iPhone lightning socket already produce an analog signal?
1 Answer from the Community
No, it is not a portable amplifier. The Lightning socket is digital only; this product contains a small DAC to produce normal analogue levels for a 3.5mm audio docket. It sounds (to me, using professional monitoring headphones) identical in quality and output level to the iPad in-built DAC.
- Answered by Mike S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can you plug lightning ear pods to audio amplifier?
- Asked by Alfred C from San Juan
- 14 Oct 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Can you plug lightning ear pods to audio amplifier?
Does this work in Swiss sockets?
- Asked by James R
- 22 Mar 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Does this work in Swiss sockets?
No answers yet
Does this case reduce the strength of the signal
- Asked by Thomas C from Amarillo
- 11 Mar 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Does this case reduce the strength of the signal