Can I charge my MacBook Pro 13” with touchbar (61w) with a HUAWEI mate 9 charger? Also, what’s the amps of MacBook Pro 13” TB adapter?
Mate 9 power adapter Model: HW- 050450B00 (input: 100-240V~50/60Hz, 0.75A || output: 5V — 2A or 4.5V — 5A or 5V — 4.5A
1 Answer from the Community
The HUAWEI mate 9 charger looks like it is a QC3 charger without any support for USB-PD. I'd avoid connecting a QC2/3 charger with Type-C output to any non-QC devices, including the MacBook Pro 13". If you do, the best that will happen is that the Mac will charge at ~12W (5v @ 2.4A). It might also charge at a lower current, not at all, or end up damaged somehow.
- Answered by Erik S from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What charger does my MacBook Pro 13 inch use and how many volts does it need to charge my MacBook Pro? My MacBook Pro is 2012.
- Asked by Kenny N from Nashville
- Aug 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What charger does my MacBook Pro 13 inch use and how many volts does it need to charge my MacBook Pro? My MacBook Pro is 2012.)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter f…
What powerbank can I use for MacBook Pro 13, 2017 ?
- Asked by Van T
- Aug 10, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (What powerbank can I use for MacBook Pro 13, 2017 ?)
- Asked about: 61W USB‑C Power Adapter