Can I use the 61 watt and 86 watt power supplies interchangeably between 1) Macbook pro 13" 2016 2) Macbook pro 15" 2017 (newest model) both are USB-
2 Answers from the Community
Yes you can, the 13" won't charge any faster with the 87W, the 15" will charge slower with the 61W but they will both work.
- Answered by Rich G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
My 15" Macbook (2016, with touchbar) crashes using the 61w adapter if I'm using a Thunderbolt monitor (and an Apple Thunderbolt 2 -3 adapter). I'm not 100% sure it's the power adapter, but the issue goes away on battery only.
- Answered by Shaun W from Cambridge
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Why only 55 watts of power through this?
- Asked by Steve B from Oakland
- Feb 22, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Why only 55 watts of power through this?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter
No answers yet
Will a 12 watt power adapter charge the new MacBook?
- Asked by Eric M from Accomac
- Oct 12, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a 12 watt power adapter charge the new MacBook?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter