Does the Smart Keyboard support Portrait Mode orientation?
For people editing and commenting on PDF documents in US Letter or A4 — editors, teachers grading, administrators, lawyers — being able to view and mark up full documents is better in Portrait Mode, and it is vital to have a keyboard that supports it, so that you can enter text comments.
Because of the placement of the power connection for the Apple “smart” keyboard, only Landscape mode is possible. That doesn’t seem very “smart”. Given that the iPad supports both orientations, why not allow users to use whichever works best? We don’t all use it for movies and email.
- Asked by fn from Ann Arbor
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Smart Keyboard support Portrait Mode orientation?)
2 Answers from the Community
if you mean you can flip the keyboard over and see the letters as though they were upright, then no. if you meant "can you still type with it when in portrait mode, yes, you just have to keep the keyboard attached to the ipad
- Answered by Anthony C from Rochester
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Bob C from Cebu City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does iPhone 8 Camera have Portrait Mode?
- Asked by Gary W from Cullman
- 30 Dec 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does iPhone 8 Camera have Portrait Mode?)
- Asked about: iPhone
does the smart keyboard accommodate the microphone feature for dictation?
- Asked by Lois H from Sinsinawa
- 13 Jul 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (does the smart keyboard accommodate the microphone feature for dictation?)
- Asked about: Smart Keyboard for 12.9‑inch iPad P…