Do iPad 2 Smart Covers fit the new iPad?
- Asked by David T from Bradenton
- Flag as inappropriate (Do iPad 2 Smart Covers fit the new iPad?)
8 Answers from the Community
I traded my iPad Air 2 for the new iPad last month. The new iPad does NOT fit in the old iPad Air 2 Smart Cover. The hole for charging isn't quite right, the case sometimes rubs the power button and shuts it off, plus the iPad itself slips out of the old case. It just doesn't fit.
I'm not crazy about the new Smart Cover because it does not have a back to protect the iPad. Additionally, having a case on the back kept it from being so slippery. Now I'm searching for something else that is more like the old Smart Cover but will fit.
- Answered by Jandy A from Lake Ozark
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I just bought a Logitech iPad Air 2 case at Verizon when I ordered my new 2017 iPad, and that one
does not fit the new iPad.
- Answered by Susan M from Petersburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I don't think the iPad 2 cover would cover the new iPad because the bezel is differently shaped and the thickness is different but if you are talking about the iPad Air 2 then it might fit.
- Answered by Vinay M from Chantilly
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
iPad 2 is like 3/4" wider than iPad air 2, iPad pro, and the new iPad. The new iPad is about 1mm thicker than iPad air 2 and iPad pro because of the new glass, otherwise same size.
- Answered by Richard V from Freeburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
All smart covers for iPad Air / Air 2 will fit on the new iPad.
- Answered by Princess C from Cupertino
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Yes, I think the cover fits the new 9.7 inch iPad. If you click recommened accessories you are can see that they recommend this product, and they just released this smart cover, too. They were really vague in their compatiblity but I think they released this to fit the new iPad 9.7. Yeah, the iPad names are just confusing.
- Answered by Minh D from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
No, the dimensions of iPad has changed since iPad Air 1st gen.
- Answered by Troy T from Cupertino
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
iPad Air 2
- Answered by Clarence J from Morgantown
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
Does this fit the iPad mini 2?
- Asked by Monika K from Denver
- Sep 10, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this fit the iPad mini 2?)
- Asked about: iPad mini 4 Smart Cover - (PRODUCT)…
Will this fit the new iPad Pro 9.7"?
- Asked by Jean S D from Brooklyn
- Mar 25, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this fit the new iPad Pro 9.7"?)
- Asked about: iPad Air 2 Smart Case - (PRODUCT)RE…