What is the total weight of the iMac Pro without the stand, but with the VESA mount connected?
I am thinking about picking up an iMac Pro, but I currently use a VESA compatible monitor stand to hold the monitors I use with my current mac pro... The listed weight of the iMac Pro is 21.5 pounds, and my mount will support up to 19.8 pounds per arm... I figure the base is probably at least a couple pounds, but the weight of the VESA mount isn't listed anywhere. Just want to make sure of the total weight before I commit.
- Asked by Randall H from Hurricane
- Flag as inappropriate What is the total weight of the iMac Pro without the stand, but with the VESA mount connected?
3 Answers from the Community
I've just weighed the stand, though I can't weigh the iMac Pro itself on account of it being mounted and in use, but the stand itself weighs 1116g / 2.46lb
- Answered by Kier D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It's been a while since this question has been posted, but I just came across this post so maybe someone will still find this useful. I've been using the Ergotron MX Wall Monitor Arm (45-228-026) with a 27" iMac (factory VESA option) for several years. This arm is rated for 30 lbs. and has no issues holding the iMac in place.
- Answered by James C from Yorkville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Although I don't have the exact weight the VESA mount also states it requires a stand/mount that can support 21.5 lb. I tried a SIIG articulating stand that supports 22lb and it wasn't able to hold a position. Quality of the mount and weight capacity should both be considered. I don't think I would trust a couple hundred dollar (at most) VESA stand/mount to hold a several thousand dollar iMac Pro that is not rated to hold at least the required weight capacity.
- Answered by Josh A from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
What is the total shipping weight of the item in grams?
- Asked by Karma D from North
- 12 Nov 2019
- Flag as inappropriate What is the total shipping weight of the item in grams?
How much weight does it add to the 11ProMax? What’s the total weight? If the device can only be delivered by ground, can it be taken on a plane?
- Asked by Tom W from Boynton Beach
- 21 Nov 2019
- Flag as inappropriate How much weight does it add to the 11ProMax? What’s the total weight? If the device can only be delivered by ground, can it be taken on a plane?