What is the total weight of the iMac Pro without the stand, but with the VESA mount connected?
I am thinking about picking up an iMac Pro, but I currently use a VESA compatible monitor stand to hold the monitors I use with my current mac pro... The listed weight of the iMac Pro is 21.5 pounds, and my mount will support up to 19.8 pounds per arm... I figure the base is probably at least a couple pounds, but the weight of the VESA mount isn't listed anywhere. Just want to make sure of the total weight before I commit.
- Asked by Randall H from Hurricane
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the total weight of the iMac Pro without the stand, but with the VESA mount connected?)
1 Answer from the Community
Although I don't have the exact weight the VESA mount also states it requires a stand/mount that can support 21.5 lb. I tried a SIIG articulating stand that supports 22lb and it wasn't able to hold a position. Quality of the mount and weight capacity should both be considered. I don't think I would trust a couple hundred dollar (at most) VESA stand/mount to hold a several thousand dollar iMac Pro that is not rated to hold at least the required weight capacity.
- Answered by Josh A from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?
- Asked by Arvin V
- Aug 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…