Will the watch charger, charge the AirPods wireless case
- Asked by fn from Glenmore Park
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the watch charger, charge the AirPods wireless case)
2 Answers from the Community
Funny, just thought of the same thing, so I tried it, since the Watch charger is Qi, but simply a smaller coil (I hear that it might charge non-apple watches).
I tried it with my AirPods case, and it does not work with the Apple Watch charger. It doesn't even recognize it. I also tried it with a non-Apple Watch charger. This charger seems to recognize the case (i.e. the light comes on, and the status says charging), but it does not actually charge, although it gets hot. I suspect that the coil is too small and/or does not provide enough current, I think it's only 350mA.
- Answered by Keith T from Ottawa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No the watch charger isn't a Qi charger
- Answered by Laurie M from Williamsburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I use this to wirelessly charge the AirPods with Wireless Charging Case?
- Asked by Ricki M from Caloocan
- 6 Aug 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to wirelessly charge the AirPods with Wireless Charging Case?)
- Asked about: Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock
is this case compatible with a wireless charger
- Asked by Tonya S from Menifee
- 26 Sep 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (is this case compatible with a wireless charger)
- Asked about: iPhone 11 Pro Max Clear Case