Does this adapter have a round or square insertion piece?

My laptop is an older model, the hole for plugging adapter into the laptop is round and I'm told that the newer ones have a square hole."

  • Asked about:  QA Apple MagSafe Power Adapter

1 Answer from the Community

  • Answer

    This adapter is a new Magsafe adapter and will only work with the MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro lines of laptops. If you have an older PowerPC based laptop, such as an iBook, or PowerBook it will not work. What you likely need is this M8943/LL.