how to upgrade 10.5.2 to 10.7.2
I want to upgrade my macbook to 10.7.2 so i can use icloud with my ipad 2
how do i do this?
- Asked by Sharon M from Toronto
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
1 Answer from the Community
Make sure your MacBook has at a minimum the Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2 GB of memory.
Upgrade to Snow Leopard ($29 single license, $49 for five licenses) and do software updates to OS 10.6.8.
Once Snow Leopard OS 10.6.8 is running, then do either of the following:
1) download $30 Lion app from the Mac App Store to upgrade your single Mac to Lion, or,
2) buy Lion USB stick ($69) from Apple Store, which allows you to install Lion on all Macs owned by you that are currently running Snow Leopard.
You may wish to clone your current Leopard partition to another bootable partition and then upgrade only one of the clone partitions. This allows you to "go back" and start up from OS 10.5.2 if an app does not work once you have Lion installed.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve