I have a 2008 MacBook running OSX 10.7.5. I want to update to OSX 10.8. Can you tell me if this is possible?
OSX 10.8 Question
- Asked by Julia L from Mc Calla
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
2 Answers from the Community
Several types of MacBooks. From WikiPedia I quote:
"The official system requirements of OS X 10.8 are 2 GB RAM, 8 GB available storage, 10.6.8 or newer running, and any of the following Macs:
- mid-2007 or newer iMac
- aluminum MacBook, 2009 or newer polycarbonate MacBook
- 2007 or newer MacBook Pro
- late-2008 or newer MacBook Air
- 2009 or newer Mac Mini
- 2008 or newer Mac Pro
- 2009 Xserve "
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
Open the Mac App Store, search for OS X 10.9 Mavericks and attempt to install it. If your Mac doesn't support it, you'll see a message indicating this. If that happens, then your Mac doesn't support 10.8 either.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham