I need to update my software. I have Mac OS X version 10.6.8. Is that the same as Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard?
- Asked by Peter C from Rydal
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
1 Answer from the Community
OS 10.6.8 is the eighth and final revision or update of Snow Leopard (OS 10.6).
To upgrade to a later OS X:
1) if supported by your Mac's hardware, you can upgrade directly from Snow Leopard to El Capitan (OS 10.11). Go to the App Store app that is automatically installed on all Macs from OS 10.6.6 and later.
2) If you want (and your Mac supports) OS 10.7 (Lion) or OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion), go to the online Apple Store and purchase a redemption code. Instructions will be provided to use the redemption code to install either of those to OS X versions through the App Store app.
3) OS 10.9 (Mavericks) and OS 10.10 (Yosemite) are no longer available as all Macs that can support either of those two can also support the free OS 10.11 (El Capitan).
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver