what is the difference between IEEE 802.11ac and IEEE 802.11ac2
- Asked by fn from Royal Exchange
AirPort Time Capsule (2013)
Product No Longer Available
1 Answer from the Community
Wave 1 products have been in use in the market for about 2.5 years. Wave 2 builds upon Wave 1 with some very significant enhancements:
● Supports speeds to 2.34 Gbps (up from 1.3 Gbps) in the 5 GHz band
● Supports multiuser multiple input, multiple output (MU-MIMO)
● Offers the option of using 160-MHz-wide channels for greater performance
● Offers the option of using a fourth spatial stream for greater performance
● Can run in additional 5-GHz bands around the world
More details here.
APPLE AIRPORT EXTREME WORTH A BUY AS TRIED DOWNLOADING 660 MB file on NORMAL ROUTER AND AIRPORT EXTREME TIME WAS 1/4TH ON AIRPORT EXTREME WITH A FIBER CONNECTION AT 16MBbPS
it went so well that there was absolutely love at first sight. The next buy would obviously be when Apple picks up 802.11ad std that will change the as the throughput currently is less than 6Ghz but in ac2 it would increase to more than 60Ghz. That means what I experienced would be at the least quadrupled.
- Answered by Abhimaniyu B S from Gurgaon