Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
How can I use the Mac Mini with two monitors?
- Asked by Gustavo & Ceci R from Mississauga
- Oct 16, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I use the Mac Mini with two monitors?)
Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?
I have a Mac Mini server and a 17" MacBook Pro and would like to connect both to my 24" Mac Display. Both have the mini display port. Is there a switcher available to do this?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxx
- Dec 26, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?)
Will a Mini DisplayPort connector on a Dual-Link DVI to Mini DisplayPort adapter plug into a thunderbolt port on the new cylindrical Mac Pro and work?
I have two 30" Apple monitors that have DVI connectors. I want to buy a new MacPro, but use my two old 30" monitors. I'm trying to find a solution for this since the Mac Pro doesn't have DVI connections.
does mini work with dell monitor
i just decided to purchase a mac mini and I'm waiting for it to arrive - but now I'm panicking because my current Dell monitor may not be compatible. Is this possible? Can I connect my new mac mini to an older Dell monitor?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Aug 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (does mini work with dell monitor)
Can I connect Mac mini to dual led TVs as monitors using HDMI
I have just ordered a new Mac mini as part of my refurbishing of my home audio recording studio. I am hoping to run dual monitors so in logic I can have the arrange window on one screen and the mixer on another screen and was hoping to do this most cost effectively by buying a couple of full HD LED 24" TVs and connecting somehow via HDMI. Is this possible and if so what do I need to make it happen?
- Asked by Daniel M
- Jan 10, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect Mac mini to dual led TVs as monitors using HDMI)
Can I connect a mac air with an extra monitor as well as ethernet ?
I bought one thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter and one Mini Display Port to DVI adapter. But there is only one thunderbolt on Mac Air. How can I connect an extra monitor as well as Ethernet?
- Asked by Tsz Yu O
- Dec 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a mac air with an extra monitor as well as ethernet ?)
Is this the part that I need for setting up a dual Monitor on a Mac Pro???
I have just purchased a Mac Pro 8 core 2.66 for video, websites and graphic design. I currently have two perfectly good Samsung P2250 22-Inch Widescreen Touch of Color monitors. I would like to set up a dual monitor system. Is this the part I need to achieve this?
- Asked by Joseph A
- Apr 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this the part that I need for setting up a dual Monitor on a Mac Pro???)
can i connect macbook pro to two monitors
display on macbook pro
- Asked by Greg B
- Jan 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect macbook pro to two monitors)
can i connect a macbook air to two monitors?
- Asked by David N from Rockville
- Aug 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect a macbook air to two monitors?)
No answers yet
can i connect a macbook pro 2011 to two dell monitors using a docking station and thunder bolt adapter?
I have a macbook pro 2011 that I am trying to connect to two dell monitors. I am using a docking a station as well. Currently I have both monitors connect to the docking station that supports both mac and windows, the usb ss from the docking station to my thunderbolt adapter to thunderbolt port on my macbook. When everything is plugged in the screens say to press any key or move the mouse to get the display to work. When doing so neither monitors work. Please help. Thanks.
- Asked by Scott C from Tempe
- Dec 10, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect a macbook pro 2011 to two dell monitors using a docking station and thunder bolt adapter?)
What kind of display port is on a late 2009 mac mini
I have A mac mini and want to buy a IPS monitor. It is said this will work with an appropriate adapter if my mini has "a display port model" or a "dual link dvi port".
I cannot find the specs to tell if my mini has one of these or not. Anyone know how to tell?
It has a NVIDIA Geforce 9400M (UMA) Port?
- Asked by Ron W from Hillsboro
- Dec 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of display port is on a late 2009 mac mini)
can I connect my mac mini " late 2012" to an Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27 monitor?
Mac mini "late 2012":
Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2,6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MM61.0106.B03
SMC Version (system): 2.8f1
Serial Number (system): C07LV2H1DY3H
Hardware UUID: A473DC4B-EBA1-540E-AD02-006882757BED
i want to use an Eizo 27 inch monitor:Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27
Is this possible? Whay connector should I use?
- Asked by Harm B
- Oct 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect my mac mini " late 2012" to an Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27 monitor?)
Can I connect my macbook pro Retina to two x "Mini DisplayPort to Dual-link DVI Adapter" driving 2 x Dell 2560x1600 monitors?
I have a macbook pro Retina. I am happy using it with a Displayport Dual-DVI adapter with a Dell monitor (2560 x 1600). I would like to know if I can order a second adapter and connect my macbook pro Retina to a 2nd exactly the same monitor?
Thank you in advance.
- Asked by Mehran S from Miami
- Feb 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my macbook pro Retina to two x "Mini DisplayPort to Dual-link DVI Adapter" driving 2 x Dell 2560x1600 monitors?)
Better to use this or a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor?
I have a Dell U2711 with both DVI-D and DisplayPort inputs at 2560x1440. I have been using this DVI-D adaptor for about a month with a new Mac Mini. Works OK except that when the Mac Mini wakes up from sleep, sometimes the monitor has video snow and I have to power cycle it. (Yes, I am running 1.03 firmware).
There is a well-reviewed Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor made by Altaz, on Amazon. Normally I would have bought this in the first place, but I was worried that it was not sold by the Apple Store. It's much cheaper with much better reviews than this product.
So should I try the Altaz adaptor? Is it better to go with Mini Display Port to DisplayPort rather than Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D? Is it a red flag that Apple does not sell a Mini Display Port to Display Port solution, but only the Mini Display Port to DVI-D product?
- Asked by Lewis S from Berkeley
- Sep 22, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Better to use this or a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor?)
How can i add three monitors to my iMac?
My brother gave me two of his monitors and I already have extra monitor that i use with my imac. I dont want to sell the extra 2 monitors i got. How can i connect the extra 2 monitors to my imac?
- Asked by Michael M from Colorado Springs
- Mar 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How can i add three monitors to my iMac?)
No answers yet
I have 2 iMacs and I would like to connect them both to an external monitor. Also be able to switch between the two. How can I do that?
I have a personal iMac and an iMac used strictly for work on loan from my employer. I have limited space in my office. I need a way to connect both of my iMacs preferably through dvi to 1 LCD monitor. I want to be able to use that LCD monitor as a second display on both iMacs with the ability to switch between computers. I've read that a KVM switch maybe what I'm looking for. However I've also read it described as a way to control 2 PC's with one keyboard and mouse, that is not what I'm looking for. Any help would be appreciated.
- Asked by Francisco R from Zephyrhills
- May 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have 2 iMacs and I would like to connect them both to an external monitor. Also be able to switch between the two. How can I do that?)