Similar questions from the community
Can I buy the 10.6 Family pack and use it to upgrade one macbook running 10.5 and one macbook pro running 10.4?
I have a old fairly broken down Macbook Pro that was a seriously early revision, like 13 weeks out of the factory. It is running the latest version of Tiger (10.4.11? I can't remember). I also have a newer Macbook running 10.5.8.
My plan is to use the old MBP with a external harddrive hooked up to a tv to play my movies. I'm fairly stubborn and want to do this using dvdpedia and frontrow but the plugin will not work under 10.4, only 10.5 or 10.6.
So I was wondering if I could purchase the Snow Leopard family pack and upgrade BOTH my computers? I know in the description it says to upgrade from Tiger I need the box set edition but I do not need any of the iApps, in fact I would delete them straight away so no way am I paying $NZ349 for it. This is probably more than the computer is worth seeing as the airport card, battery and dvd drive do not work.
Sorry if this is overly complicated but I am a student and I don't want to commit my money if there is no hope of achieving what I want! If anyone has some answers or clarification for me that would be amazing :)
- Asked by Frances R from Dunedin
- Feb 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy the 10.6 Family pack and use it to upgrade one macbook running 10.5 and one macbook pro running 10.4?)
If I buy the 10.6 family pack, will it work on two Macbooks in the same family but under seperate roofs?
I am looking to upgrade to OS X 10.6, but the other macbook that I wish to update to 10.6 is in Brisbane, whereas I am in Sydney. Will the software allow both Macbooks to upgrade?
- Asked by Greg D from Sydney
- Aug 7, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (If I buy the 10.6 family pack, will it work on two Macbooks in the same family but under seperate roofs?)
If I upgrade my 233 GHz MacBook Pro to Snow, can I use my Leopard box set on an older Powerbook Pro 1.25 GHz running Tiger 10.4? (License question.)
Does an upgrade to Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro G5 dual core Intel (233 GHz Intel Duo 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM) release the older Leopard box set license for use on my older PPC Powerbook Pro (125 GHz PowerPC G4 1GB 512 MHz PowerPC DDR SDRAM), since the 10.6 version is considered a later system and replaces the 10.5 version? This is a license question.
upgrade from 10.4 to 10.6
I have a macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0Gz 13" laptop with MAC OS X v.10.4 Tiger. I want to upgrade to 10.6.
Can you please tell me what I need to do. The only upgrade I have been able to find on the Apple website requires I have 10.5 installed.
Can you please assist me.
- Asked by Edward C from Pembroke Pines
- Feb 16, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (upgrade from 10.4 to 10.6)
No answers yet
Can I keep my itunes playlists if i upgrade to 10.6 from 10.5?
I ask becuase the upgarde does not automatically run as in the past. Instead it takes me to the website to download like I never had it. I have a few hundred playlists and it stinks when you cannot mass import the playlist back into your library. I had to import them one at a time.
- Asked by Greg G from Fort Lauderdale
- Mar 31, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I keep my itunes playlists if i upgrade to 10.6 from 10.5?)
I am running 10.5.8 on a MACBOOK AIR and want to erase everything and upgrade to 10.6.
Can I do this successfully using an iMac on my network to run the DVD, as the Air does not have an optical drive.
Early model Air; 1.6 GHz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB 687 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
- Asked by Laurence S from Columbus
- Apr 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I am running 10.5.8 on a MACBOOK AIR and want to erase everything and upgrade to 10.6.)
Where can I buy 10.5?!
I am still running 10.4 but want to upgrade to Leopard due to the iPad. I can't seem to find 10.5 anywhere except for eBay. How come Apple is not still selling Leopard? Any suggestions on where I can get it?
- Asked by Ziggy C from Plano
- Apr 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I buy 10.5?!)
No answers yet
Can I upgrade my macbook2,1 to OSX 10.6 or more
I have an old macbook2,1. 2.16 GHz Intel core 2 Duo running OSX 10.5.8. How far up can it be upgraded effectively.
It has 1GB Ram
- Asked by Joseph B from Montvale
- Jan 31, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upgrade my macbook2,1 to OSX 10.6 or more)
running 10.4, want to install 10.5 and wait a while to install 10.6. If I buy the "10.6 box set" will that allow me to just install 10.5 Leopard?
- Asked by David C from Los Angeles
- Oct 15, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (running 10.4, want to install 10.5 and wait a while to install 10.6. If I buy the "10.6 box set" will that allow me to just install 10.5 Leopard?)
I have an old iMac running 10.5.8. I just bought my son a MacBook that runs 10.6.6. Can I use his install disk to upgrade my older machine to 10.6?
switching from 10.4 to 10.5 or 6
i'm running 10.4 software and would like to find and install 10.5 or 10.6, But don't need the whole "Snow leopard" pkg. can i just purchase this through apple or do i have to find an outside source to get my Mac upgraded?
- Asked by Mary J from Jacksonville
- Nov 26, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (switching from 10.4 to 10.5 or 6)
Can I install the the iMac OS X install DVD in my MacBook Pro, or I must use the MacBook Pro installer DVD?
I do have one intel MacBook Pro with the OS 10.4.11 yet. As I was told, I must updade my software to OS 10.5 leopard before install the 10.6 Snow Leopard.
My brother just bought a iMac and it comes with the Mac OS 10.5.6 DVD installer. Can use this iMac DVD on my MacBook Pro?
Can I use my MacBook Pro system disc (Snow leopard) that came with my computer to upgrade my Macbook 13 inch (early 2008) to OSX 10.6 ?
I have Macbook 13 inch (early 2008) running 10.5.8 and want to upgrade the operating system to the 10.6 version that came with my MacBook Pro. I purchased the OSX Lion USB so that I could install the new OS on my MacBook Pro and my Macbook. I have been successful with my Macbook Pro but when I try and use the Snow Leopard install disc that came with my MacBook Pro it tells me I can't use the disc on the MacBook.
- Asked by Michael S from North Bend
- Jan 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my MacBook Pro system disc (Snow leopard) that came with my computer to upgrade my Macbook 13 inch (early 2008) to OSX 10.6 ?)
I am running 10.4.11 and need to upgrade to 10.6 Snow Leopard, do I need to upgrade to 10.5 first and then on to 10.5?
- Asked by Mary H from Coon Rapids
- Dec 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I am running 10.4.11 and need to upgrade to 10.6 Snow Leopard, do I need to upgrade to 10.5 first and then on to 10.5?)
to upgrade my imac and macbook from 10.5 to 10.6 do i need to buy 10.6 twice?
- Asked by Paul R T from Port Orchard
- Sep 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (to upgrade my imac and macbook from 10.5 to 10.6 do i need to buy 10.6 twice?)
Can I update one imac and one macbook with a single user license?
I'm a single user having two macs iMac at home and the MacBook for the go. They are both running 10.5.8.
- Asked by Nicole B from Miami Beach
- Nov 15, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I update one imac and one macbook with a single user license?)
Do I need my old media to install 10.6 upgrade?
I have 10.5 family pack media, but the disc is scratched beyond use. Thanks!
- Asked by John M from Bath
- Feb 23, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need my old media to install 10.6 upgrade?)
No answers yet