Similar questions from the community
Is the super drive compatible with a MacBook Pro without retina display?
MacBook Pro 13-inch Mid 2012 Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 Memory 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB Software OS X 10.9.5
- Asked by Steven N C from Brimfield
- 15 Jul 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Is the super drive compatible with a MacBook Pro without retina display?
will the superdrive work with windows on Macbook pro 13' with Retina
- Asked by Stephen Y from Ipswich
- 29 Oct 2012
- Flag as inappropriate will the superdrive work with windows on Macbook pro 13' with Retina
Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina
I am about to purchase a macbook pro and am wondering about creating CD's and DVD's. I know that I need an external superdrive with the retina display. Is this all I need to be able to create and burn a DVD or a CD as I will have to do this as part of my job. Thanks!
- Asked by Renee W from Ormeau Hills
- 18 Aug 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina
No answers yet
does the new version of the Superdrive have a USB-C connector to plug directly into late 2016 Macbook Pro Retina with touchbar?
- Asked by Geoffrey P from Boonville
- 16 Mar 2017
- Flag as inappropriate does the new version of the Superdrive have a USB-C connector to plug directly into late 2016 Macbook Pro Retina with touchbar?
will this product allow me to download my lexicon alpha audio interface plugins from my disk on MacBook pro with retina 15".
I recently purchased a MacBook pro with retina display 15" and a bunch of recording equipment to record my music. Then when i tried setting up my lexicon alpha audio interface it required me to insert a disk to get the plugins for it to work on logic pro x. To which then i found this Mac that it doesn't have a disk drive (my bad for not doing my research i know :( ) so i guess what I'm asking will this apple usb superdrive allow me to download the plugins required recognise my audio interface on logic ?
does this product work with the new macbook?
I'm getting the newest macbook that comes in space grey, gold and silver. Is this product compatible with that type of macbook?
- Asked by Maia L from Deakin
- 14 Jul 2015
- Flag as inappropriate does this product work with the new macbook?
Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Hi , on my old laptop I could insert a DVD into my reader/writer drive and import DVDs to my iTunes , so when I bought my new MacBook Pro , and went into iTunes I was surprised to see only the tunes I had purchased from the store , not the ones I imported from my own cd collection . So basically my question is if I buy the SuperDrive can I import my CDs to my iTunes account as I have a lot of CDs and I'm not purchasing again from iTunes , when I have the physical cd here , I will buy songs from iTunes I don't already own , but I want to know if I can add them to my iTunes account on my MacBook , not listen to them through the SuperDrive , I know I can do that , but can I import them permanently onto my MacBook , many thanks for replies in advance , john , new to all things apple lol
- Asked by John D
- 15 Oct 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
I am planning on getting one of the new iMac's early next year. Now, the new iMac's do not have an optical drive (like the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina Display). I'm planning on getting the Apple Superdrive and also I'm going to be purchasing Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop 8 to install on my iMac. I know it isn't possible to try it with the new iMac's yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if its possible to use the Apple Superdrive with the Macbook Air Macbook Pro Retina Display when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8, basically does the Apple Superdrive show up in Windows 7 and are you able to read, burn CD's, DVD's in Windows 7 with the Apple Superdrive? Thanks in advance.
- Asked by David T
- 11 Nov 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
does the apple usb super drive work with the 2018 macbook air
I have a new MacBook Air I bought in December 2018. I also purchased a SuperDrive and a USB adapter that accepts power. How do I get the drive to work? I plugged the adapter into the the USB-C, the power cord into the adapter, and the Super Drive into the adapter. What am I missing?
- Asked by Christopher D V from Crosby
- 13 Mar 2019
- Flag as inappropriate does the apple usb super drive work with the 2018 macbook air
is the usb c superdrive compatible with MacBook pro mid 2014
I would like to have an attachable dvd drive for my MacBook Pro which I bought in July 2014. I believe I have a plain usb port. So what type of attachment do I need to make it work or will it even work with my device?
- Asked by Cornelia G from Keswick
- 24 Mar 2020
- Flag as inappropriate is the usb c superdrive compatible with MacBook pro mid 2014
Does the finish of this drive match the shell of the Silver or Space Gray MacBook pro 13 inch, or neither?
Color Matching MacBook pro and DVD drive.
- Asked by Michael F from South Lyon
- 5 Dec 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Does the finish of this drive match the shell of the Silver or Space Gray MacBook pro 13 inch, or neither?
Will it work with an early (2007) MacBook?
- Asked by Hugh H
- 22 Mar 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Will it work with an early (2007) MacBook?
No answers yet