Similar questions from the community
is the external super drive compatible with all iMAC
I have a MAC without dvd drive and need one. Is the external superdrive compatible?
- Asked by Rosemary B from Trinity Beach
- 3 Aug 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (is the external super drive compatible with all iMAC)
i have an old pc game which may not be compatible with the mac but is the anything i can do or download to make this work?
the game is a pc cd-rom and is called harry potter the chamber of secrets is there any way i can make this work?
I have a 2006 13" Macbook (2Ghz Intel Core Duo/60 GB Memory/1GB RAM/Snow Leopard 10.6.8) My optical drive has died is this a compatible replacement?
Is the USB Superdrive compatible with MAC MD094?
- Asked by Amit M from Dubai
- 16 Feb 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the USB Superdrive compatible with MAC MD094?)
is the USB superdrive compatible with the new iMac ME086B
- Asked by A P R from Pangbourne
- 14 Oct 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (is the USB superdrive compatible with the new iMac ME086B)
Is the super drive compatible with a MacBook Pro without retina display?
MacBook Pro 13-inch Mid 2012
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.9.5
- Asked by Steven N C from Brimfield
- 15 Jul 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the super drive compatible with a MacBook Pro without retina display?)
Is the Super drive compatible with the MacBook Pro with touch bar?
- Asked by Stephanie T from Warrandyte
- 6 Nov 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Super drive compatible with the MacBook Pro with touch bar?)
does the new version of the Superdrive have a USB-C connector to plug directly into late 2016 Macbook Pro Retina with touchbar?
- Asked by Geoffrey P from Boonville
- 16 Mar 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (does the new version of the Superdrive have a USB-C connector to plug directly into late 2016 Macbook Pro Retina with touchbar?)
Is it safe to have the SuperDrive under a 2014 Mac Pro desktop?
It'd be nice on my desk to have the Super Drive with my Late 2014 Mac Pro (cylinder tower) sitting on top of it as A) It looks good and B) it saves room considering the Super Drive has such a short cable (I know I could use an extension but then my desk is messier and the drive is further from the computer.
I just worry if the Super Drive has had any weight tests done on it. It's a good build with the nice metal case.
- Asked by Daniel W
- 9 Jun 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it safe to have the SuperDrive under a 2014 Mac Pro desktop?)
I have a desktop imac 8,1 whose built-in optical drive seems to have failed. Can I add a external SuperDrive instead? Is it compatible pre2012?
Will this work with the upcoming iMac?
The new iMac that's due out in the coming months does not have an optical drive and I was just wondering if anyone knows whether this drive is the solution for those of us who still require CD/DVD burning ability. Cheers.
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxx
- 25 Oct 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the upcoming iMac?)
2009 iMac and USB superdrive?
The internal superdrive in my 24-inch, Early 2009 iMac w/2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor has stopped working reliably (and most times, has stopped working at all). Was hoping that adding this external USB superdrive would keep my system limping along, however looking at the system requirements seems to have dashed my dreams of being able to continue to use my iMac in the manner for which it was purchased. Would like to know if I am out of luck here, or is there an alternative?
- Asked by Joseph W from Lynn
- 25 Nov 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (2009 iMac and USB superdrive?)
Will this work on the new 13" Mac Book Pro? The text specifies a "Mac Book Pro with Retina Display". The new 13" MacBook Pro does not have Retina.
i've a macbook pro. SSD has replaced the optical drive and mac seems to have forgotten its old hardware. could the mac work with an external now....?
15.4 inch. 2.66 GHZ.-dual core, 8GB STORAGE, 740 GB memory (now), works great. but no one seems to have asked this question specifically...therefore i welcome whomever might solve my little mystery, thanx..
is the apple super drive compatible with a lenovo laptop?
trying to install printer software onto my Lenovo laptop using my apple super drive but the disc isn't loading. Are they incompatible?
- Asked by Angela F
- 16 Jan 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (is the apple super drive compatible with a lenovo laptop?)