Similar questions from the community
I am planning on buying an ipad air to use as my computer but I watch a lot of DVD's. Will the superdrive work with the ipad?
- Asked by Anna T from Plymouth
- 27 Feb 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I am planning on buying an ipad air to use as my computer but I watch a lot of DVD's. Will the superdrive work with the ipad?)
Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
I am planning on getting one of the new iMac's early next year.
Now, the new iMac's do not have an optical drive (like the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina Display). I'm planning on getting the Apple Superdrive and also I'm going to be purchasing Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop 8 to install on my iMac.
I know it isn't possible to try it with the new iMac's yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if its possible to use the Apple Superdrive with the Macbook Air Macbook Pro Retina Display when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8, basically does the Apple Superdrive show up in Windows 7 and are you able to read, burn CD's, DVD's in Windows 7 with the Apple Superdrive?
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by David T
- 11 Nov 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8)
does the apple usb super drive work with the 2018 macbook air
I have a new MacBook Air I bought in December 2018. I also purchased a SuperDrive and a USB adapter that accepts power. How do I get the drive to work? I plugged the adapter into the the USB-C, the power cord into the adapter, and the Super Drive into the adapter. What am I missing?
- Asked by Christopher D V from Crosby
- 13 Mar 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (does the apple usb super drive work with the 2018 macbook air)
Does the USB SuperDrive support Accurate Stream, C2 Error Flags and Over-reading?
I am considering the purchase of a USB SuperDrive for use with my MacBook Air, primarily for high-quality ripping of audio CDs but before splashing out, I need to know if it supports Accurate Stream, C2 Error Flags and Over-reading. These features are pre-requisites for Secure Ripping of audio CDs.
- Asked by David C from Southampton
- 26 Jun 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB SuperDrive support Accurate Stream, C2 Error Flags and Over-reading?)
Want to create a wireless network, therefore, I would like to somehow plug the superdrive to a usb hub that can be reached wirelessly. Can it be done?
My thing is to create a wireless network where I can plug all the devices such as printer, superdrive, external hard drive to a hub that can be accessed wirelessly....so far I know that my printer can be thru the Airport express, however, I dont know if it can be done with the superdrive and the ext Hard drive. It would be so cool and super easy if this can be done so I can just roam around my house with my Macbook air, sit and work on my mac mini and just lets say play a movie thru mirroring on apple TV by wirelessly using the superdrive instead of having to plug it to the macs...am I too far advenced for this technology or is this just wishful thinking....???
- Asked by Michelle F from Chicago
- 15 Aug 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Want to create a wireless network, therefore, I would like to somehow plug the superdrive to a usb hub that can be reached wirelessly. Can it be done?)