Similar questions from the community
Can the USB SuperDrive connect to an iPad air 2?
I want to play DVDs on my iPad air 2. So does this one play them, if not what does?
- Asked by Kiara B from Lake Cathie
- 23 Jan 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Can the USB SuperDrive connect to an iPad air 2?
No answers yet
Can I play a game like the sims cd rom on my macbook air using the superdrive?
- Asked by Marcel L from Pittsburgh
- 8 Jul 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Can I play a game like the sims cd rom on my macbook air using the superdrive?
With a USB Superdrive can it play a 4k DVD disk
- Asked by Mark B from Warner
- 23 Dec 2017
- Flag as inappropriate With a USB Superdrive can it play a 4k DVD disk
No answers yet
Does the Apple USB Superdrive play/read HD-DVDs?
- Asked by Yann P from Brooklyn
- 14 Jun 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Does the Apple USB Superdrive play/read HD-DVDs?
No answers yet
Can an Apple USB SuperDrive be used to play music in a car?
- Asked by Tex B from Temple
- 12 Nov 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Can an Apple USB SuperDrive be used to play music in a car?
can it read/play NTSC formatted DVDs
I'm considering ordering a DVD from the USA only available in NTSC format. They suggest I verify that my DVD player can read/play NTSC formatted DVDs prior to ordering. I have a USB SuperDrive. Thanks
- Asked by Helena L from London
- 21 Apr 2019
- Flag as inappropriate can it read/play NTSC formatted DVDs
Is it safe to have the SuperDrive under a 2014 Mac Pro desktop?
It'd be nice on my desk to have the Super Drive with my Late 2014 Mac Pro (cylinder tower) sitting on top of it as A) It looks good and B) it saves room considering the Super Drive has such a short cable (I know I could use an extension but then my desk is messier and the drive is further from the computer. I just worry if the Super Drive has had any weight tests done on it. It's a good build with the nice metal case.
- Asked by Daniel W
- 9 Jun 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Is it safe to have the SuperDrive under a 2014 Mac Pro desktop?
can i use the mac superdrive to install printer driver software from a cd-rom?
- Asked by Susan B from Lyndhurst
- 29 Feb 2020
- Flag as inappropriate can i use the mac superdrive to install printer driver software from a cd-rom?
is the usb c superdrive compatible with MacBook pro mid 2014
I would like to have an attachable dvd drive for my MacBook Pro which I bought in July 2014. I believe I have a plain usb port. So what type of attachment do I need to make it work or will it even work with my device?
- Asked by Cornelia G from Keswick
- 24 Mar 2020
- Flag as inappropriate is the usb c superdrive compatible with MacBook pro mid 2014
Will it play dvd-r discs?
I have been converting my VHS home movies to DVD-R's on a Toshiba machine but they won't play on my apple external drive - I get a message that I have inserted a blank disc. Will this drive be able to read them? And if it doesn't, can I return it with free shipping?
- Asked by Judith E. F from Bronx
- 15 Mar 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Will it play dvd-r discs?
can i import CD's to iTunes on my macbook air using this USB superdrive?
i used to use my old laptop with a CD drive to put music on my iphone by ripping the CD's to my iTunes unless i was buying music of it. but with my macbook air i can't do that so i was wondering if i could use the USB superdrive to import my CD's to my iTunes on my macbook air? because I'm not going to waste money on buying the music off iTunes that i already have on CD's
- Asked by Nichola K
- 2 May 2014
- Flag as inappropriate can i import CD's to iTunes on my macbook air using this USB superdrive?
Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Hi , on my old laptop I could insert a DVD into my reader/writer drive and import DVDs to my iTunes , so when I bought my new MacBook Pro , and went into iTunes I was surprised to see only the tunes I had purchased from the store , not the ones I imported from my own cd collection . So basically my question is if I buy the SuperDrive can I import my CDs to my iTunes account as I have a lot of CDs and I'm not purchasing again from iTunes , when I have the physical cd here , I will buy songs from iTunes I don't already own , but I want to know if I can add them to my iTunes account on my MacBook , not listen to them through the SuperDrive , I know I can do that , but can I import them permanently onto my MacBook , many thanks for replies in advance , john , new to all things apple lol
- Asked by John D
- 15 Oct 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
I am planning on getting one of the new iMac's early next year. Now, the new iMac's do not have an optical drive (like the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina Display). I'm planning on getting the Apple Superdrive and also I'm going to be purchasing Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop 8 to install on my iMac. I know it isn't possible to try it with the new iMac's yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if its possible to use the Apple Superdrive with the Macbook Air Macbook Pro Retina Display when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8, basically does the Apple Superdrive show up in Windows 7 and are you able to read, burn CD's, DVD's in Windows 7 with the Apple Superdrive? Thanks in advance.
- Asked by David T
- 11 Nov 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
will superdrive work with early core 2 duo intel mac mini
The built in superdrive on my mini is not working fully, can I use this as an alternative
- Asked by David E
- 10 Dec 2012
- Flag as inappropriate will superdrive work with early core 2 duo intel mac mini