Similar questions from the community
Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI to VGA adaptor?
Just wondering if you know whether this works? I would like to buy a Lightning Digital AV adapter to use with HDMI projectors and devices but since sometimes all a client has is a VGA connector I would like to use a standard HDMI to VGA converter. That would be a lot cheaper than also buying a Lightning to VGA adapter since both are $49.
- Asked by Robert P from Fishers
- Jan 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI to VGA adaptor?)
Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?
I just got the adapter but my phone screen will not show up when i plug it in via HDMI. I thought it was the hdmi cable but i have tried others and they do not work. I am starting to think my Lightning Digital Adapter is broken and I'm gonna have to return it.
- Asked by John M from Chicago
- Feb 10, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?)
Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?
I'm looking to scale down my 15" MBP Retina to an iPad Air2. I'm traveling more and more for work, so space/weight remaining at a premium, particularly when crossing the Atlantic. My major concern is whether I'll have the ability to connect to a larger screen via Airplay or via the lightning/HDMI adapter to a larger screen for writing with Pages, Keynote, and more. I don't see an issue for presenting per se, but it would be wonderful if I could find a way to plug into a nice 22"+ monitor in a hotel room or in my home office. Is this possible? Am I condemned to just slightly reducing my travel tech with either a 13" MBP or MBA?
- Asked by Charles G from Boca Raton
- Oct 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?)
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- May 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
No answers yet
Does it work when the Lightning Digital AV Adapter is taken as the input to a HDMI Switch which output the HDMI signal to a digital TV?
I connect my iPhone/iPad to this Lightning DIgital AV Adapter, and then bring it to a HDMI Switch. Using the Switch to pick this iPhone/iPad signal to a digital TV. The image shows distorted colours - e.g. original black colour becomes pink, and similar for other colours. The audio does not have any problem. The same HDMI Switch picks other HDMI signal inputs without any issue. Is this Lightning DIgital AV Adapter deliberately distort the colours if it goes through a Switch?
Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work?
1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port.
2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port.
3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone.
With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
- Asked by Noric D from Sydney
- Jan 19, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?)
Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?
My projector has DVI but no HDMI. I would like to use the lightning-to-HDMI cable, connect it to a HDMI-to-dvi adaptor plug and then hook it up to the dvi port on my projector (or computer monitor). Will that work?
- Asked by R.c. S
- Jun 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?)
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
I'm designing a car stereo system that is going to use an iPad as the head unit (deck). I need to get a digital audio signal (toslink) out of the iPad so I can connect it to a DSP with toslink in. From there, it will be like any other car stereo; Analog audio out of the DSP (just as it would come out of a traditional car stereo head unit) and into amps, then speakers/subs. By going this route, I can use the vastly superior DA converter in the DSP as opposed to the iPad's onboard DA converter.
Unfortunately Apple does not provide us with a lightning to toslink adapter; surprise, surprise! However If I were to get a Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and a device like this (Fosmon HDMI Audio Extractor Converter Box [HDMI to HDMI+Audio] - Supports Toslink (SPDIF), RCA L/R Audio) Then conceivably I could extract the Digital audio that way. However, I will only need the audio from the HDMI signal, regardless if there is any video data or not (listening to an MP3 as opposed to watching an MKV) So for this plan to work, the iPad's own screen would need to remain active (on, with video displayed) even when the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter is plugged into the iPad. Thanks.
Also, will using the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter just transfer the sound from music/video's being watched, or would it transmit all system sounds, like for instance the key stroke sounds from typing, alert sounds from notifications, etc?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- Jun 21, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect my iPad mini to a big-screen TV and watch iPlayer etc? I saw one comment suggesting I couldn't.
This is the only reason I want to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and was about to purchase until I saw someone saying you couldn't watch on-demand TV using this cable. That's the first I've heard of this though, so not sure if this is true or not.
I actually subscribe to Eurosport Player which is great on the iPad, but would be good to have the option to watch on a big TV, without going down the AirPlay route.
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
- Asked by Robert A from Ashland
- Dec 14, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?)
Will this product work on the Panasonic eXport system on a plane?
Specifically Cathay Pacific. They have composite and S video inputs so if I bought an HDMI to composite adapter would this lightning adapter work?
- Asked by Victor A from Germantown
- Apr 7, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this product work on the Panasonic eXport system on a plane?)
I have a DJI Mavic pro. Will the HDMI / lightning adapter support video in and out to a FPV head set and from the controller at the same time?
I want to plug this into my iPad as a view screen and run video out at the same time to a head set. Does the lightning port do more then just charge the iPad or will it take input and give the ut put at the same time.
- Asked by Sean P from Bakersfield
- Jul 1, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a DJI Mavic pro. Will the HDMI / lightning adapter support video in and out to a FPV head set and from the controller at the same time?)
I see the HDMI plug but what is that second plug for?
On the pictures of this Lightning to HDMI adapter there looks like to plugs, 1 for the HDMI, what is the other one for?
- Asked by Robert R from Menifee
- Oct 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I see the HDMI plug but what is that second plug for?)
What is the other port beside the HDMI?
I can see that there are two ports, but I can't tell what the second one is and I don't see it in the description.
Is it just another Lightning port so you can charge at the same time as outputting video? That is my best guess...
- Asked by Daniel P from Edmonton
- Oct 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the other port beside the HDMI?)
Will I still receive calls when I'm using the Lightning to hdmi adapter
- Asked by Erika B from Bursville
- Jul 27, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I still receive calls when I'm using the Lightning to hdmi adapter)