Similar questions from the community
Can i use an external hard drive with the Time Capsule as a separate time machine?
I have an iMac with a 1TB fusion Drive and a Macbook Air with a 128GB SSD. I want to use the Time Capsule to back up my iMac and i want to use an external drive connected to the time capsule to back up my macbook air using time machine.
- Asked by Corin G
- Jul 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use an external hard drive with the Time Capsule as a separate time machine?)
How movies will get on a 1 tb cabsule
- Asked by Michael S
- Jan 24, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (How movies will get on a 1 tb cabsule)
No answers yet
can i connect the Airport Extreme Time Capsule to my old Time Capsule?
I am wondering if my old 1TB Time capsule can be connected as an additional drive to the new 2TB Airport Extreme Time Capsule.
- Asked by Carlos F from Portage
- Oct 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect the Airport Extreme Time Capsule to my old Time Capsule?)
Transferring existing external backup hard drives to Airport Time Capsule?
I want to backup 4 devices on a home wifi network with an Airport Time Capsule (ATC):
iPad I (iOS 5.1.1)
iMac (OS 10.5.8, connected via ethernet cable to Airport Extreme.
MBA (OS 10.8.4)
The iMac is backed up by 2 external hard drives, a 1 TB OWC Mercury Elite that has only TimeMachine backup of the iMac, and a 250 GB Mercury Elite that is the storage for the iPhoto library on the iMac and for some other photo backups.
Questions. 1. Can I backup the iMac, which has most data, via the ethernet cable to ATC instead of via wifi? 2. Can I transfer or move the 1TB that Time Machine has backed up on the external hard to ATC? 3. Can I manually transfer data, for example the iPhoto Library or other photo back up from the 250GB external to the Airport Time Capsule?
thanks for help,
- Asked by Armando M from Wilson
- Aug 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Transferring existing external backup hard drives to Airport Time Capsule?)
Can the time capsule HD be partitioned
Can I partition the time capsule hard drive so I can use one partition for time machine backups and another for separate data storage?
- Asked by Neil S
- Jun 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the time capsule HD be partitioned)
Can I back up two separate Macs using Time Machine?
i.e. will it support two instances of Time Machine so both Macs can independently backup to the Time Capsule?
- Asked by Josh H
- Jun 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I back up two separate Macs using Time Machine?)
Backing up multiple computers, does time machine need same total capacity as joint disk space? Or if not that much data is 2TB version ok?
We have a 2TB and a 1TB iMac plus a 500GB MacBook Pro that I'd like to set this up as a backup for. We don't have anywhere near that amount of data, but I know when I've had dedicated USB external hard drives for Time Machine it was supposed to have the same volume as the machine's hard drive. Trying to see if we can get away with the 2TB version for financial reasons...
- Asked by Laura B from Red Lodge
- Jul 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Backing up multiple computers, does time machine need same total capacity as joint disk space? Or if not that much data is 2TB version ok?)
How do I access the files from the time capsule back up?
I bought a new time capsule last week. It is working well, no problems but I cannot see the backup files, how do I access them?
- Asked by Denis O
- Sep 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I access the files from the time capsule back up?)
Can Time Capsule be used to store my music/pictures/video/etc. files first, then back up via Time Machine after?
I would like to use Time Capsule as a replacement for my current external hard drive which stores old files (and have access to it at any time) as well as be the automatic Time Machine back up from now on.
- Asked by Barrett I from Honolulu
- Jun 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Time Capsule be used to store my music/pictures/video/etc. files first, then back up via Time Machine after?)
How do I know if files are backed up on my Airport time capsule
- Asked by Natalie D from Downers Grove
- Jun 3, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I know if files are backed up on my Airport time capsule)
Can AirPort Capsule be used as an external wireless hard drive separate to Time Machine?
Can I save content directly to the Capsule, or does it only backup what is saved on my Mac device?
I want to back up my MacBook Air via Time Machine on my Time Capsule, but I would also like to put files such as photos & music onto an external hard drive (hopefully Airport Capsule) & not leave on my computer.
- Asked by Larry P from Cedar
- Nov 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can AirPort Capsule be used as an external wireless hard drive separate to Time Machine?)
Can I back up my PC to Time Capsule
I am slowly converting the house to Apple. I still have my last PC as my main home computer. It has the bulk of all my files, pictures, etc. Can I back it up to Time Capsule? I eventually will break that computer down as the kids get older and everyone ends up with laptops. Thanks for the help.
- Asked by Rocky L from Katy
- Aug 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I back up my PC to Time Capsule)
No answers yet
Is it possible to transfer data directly from Seagate Backup Plus to AirPort Time Capsule?
I currently use Seagate Backup Plus 1TB for my MacBook Air.
But since it was originally for Windows and it is not wireless, I'm considering to purchase AirPort Time Capsule to replace it.
My iTunes library, videos, and photos are all currently stored in Seagate Backup Plus.
I was wondering if it's possible for me to transfer those data directly to AirPort Time Capsule.
My MacBook Air's hard drive is not large enough to transfer the data from Seagate external hard drive, so it has to be the direct transfer between Seagate and AirPort Time Capsule...
- Asked by Joji H from San Francisco
- Jan 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to transfer data directly from Seagate Backup Plus to AirPort Time Capsule?)
Can i easily back up multiple devices (iMac and MacBook) wirelessly, and access the separate back-ups, without having to create partitions?
Can the Airport Time Capsule help me keep the same information, mirrored, continuously updated in real time, synchronised across two devices + airport
I would like to connect an Airport Time Capsule to maintain a backup and synchronise to two other devices; MacbookPro and IMac. I would like the same data maintained (mirrored) across the three locations; allowing me to use any device and then be able to access and update files easily from any other device: e.g. work on IMac and walk out of the door with my Macbook and for the same files to be ready. I do not want partitioned drives or any hassles moving files around between drives. There is sufficient space on all devices. I prefer to transfer files through hardwires and/or the wifi network, rather than any cloud device to avoid subscription costs.
Will this work, or will I risk adding more complexity to my life needing to manage my files across multiple devices? (someone mentioned the airport might need two partitioned areas of the drive: one for each device, which would be a hassle and not manageable).
Is there a better solution? To achieve easy access across all devices to same files, as well as maintain a backup.
Thank you in advance!
Can you set up the AirPort Time Capsule to automatically back up photos, videos, files, etc. from multiple sources, i.e. MacBook, iPhone, iPad, etc?
My family is mostly an apple family, with a few iPhones, iPads, and MacBooks, plus a couple pcs, but want to be able to store everything in one local place, but not have to manually add the new items every time we want to back it up. Does the Capsule have an auto backup feature in addition to the time capsule thing for the macs that works with the iPhones and iPads?
- Asked by Andrew S from Fayetteville
- Nov 2, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you set up the AirPort Time Capsule to automatically back up photos, videos, files, etc. from multiple sources, i.e. MacBook, iPhone, iPad, etc?)
can ipad do home sharing from AirPort Time Capsule-2TB
can ipad do the home sharing music file from AirPort Time Capsule-2TB
- Asked by Joe S
- Jun 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can ipad do home sharing from AirPort Time Capsule-2TB)