Similar questions from the community
Can I Play Media VIA Time Capsule (Movies/Music) instead of storing on MacBook Pro.
Hi All ,
I own a 250gb HD Macbook Pro , Apple Airport Express & Apple TV (including iPhone 5 and 6 and iPad 2). I love the peace of mind watching my iTunes Library via apple TV.
My MacBook Pro is full and want to know if i can store files on the Time Capsule (Movies/Music) and access via apple TV... In a nutshell , can i play movie files from the Time Capsule. Because this will free up a lot of space on my hard drive.
I Also have Phillips Hue which is amazing.
- Asked by Samuel L from Clare
- Apr 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I Play Media VIA Time Capsule (Movies/Music) instead of storing on MacBook Pro.)
Can I connect my Airport Time Capsule to my WD media player
I already have a large collection of movies in mainly avi format, and I would like to store my movies on my Airport Time Capsule. I don't really want to go through the arduous task of converting ALL my movies to apple format, Can I connect my WD Media Player to the Time capsule via USB cable, and play my movies through that (ie media player accesses the Time capsule like an external hard drive)?
- Asked by Jo-ann F from Salisbury
- Dec 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my Airport Time Capsule to my WD media player)
One feature of the Time Capsule is to backup data using Time Machine, will it work as media center? - to stream movies/music to your AppleTV, or iPad
- Asked by Jose S from Las Cruces
- Jun 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (One feature of the Time Capsule is to backup data using Time Machine, will it work as media center? - to stream movies/music to your AppleTV, or iPad)
Can the time capsule be used as a sort of media hub
I'd like to store my large collection of ripped DVD's on the time capsule. Id like to set it up so that anyone on my network can watch the movies, and also would like to be able to easily stream the movies to my tv's. I have apple tv, was wondering if this product is suitable for what I'm trying to do.
- Asked by John D from Manhasset
- Sep 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the time capsule be used as a sort of media hub)
Windows 7 laptop migration to MacBook Pro via AirPort Time Capsule
I would like to migrate my data files from a Windows 7 laptop (documents, pictures, music) to a MacBook Pro, probably using an external hard drive. Can I treat the AirPort Time Capsule as an external hard drive for both machines via the USB port?
- Asked by Wai-ming L from Detroit
- Sep 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Windows 7 laptop migration to MacBook Pro via AirPort Time Capsule)
If I use the AirPort Time Capsules as a File Server, can I then delete the media files (pictures) that are taking up disk space on my macbook air?
My macbook air is constantly giving me prompt that my disk space is full. So that is the main reason I bought a AirPort Time Capsule 2TB to move all my old pictures to the File Server in the AirPort. That's the way it was explained to me when I bought it at the Apple Store (georgetown location in DC).
So the way I plan on managing my files is to move all the older photos to AirPort Time Capsule File Server, delete the files on my macbook so I have a lot of memory/disk space as I travel (without worrying about losing my whole life's worth of pictures) and periodically do a media "dump" when it starts to take up too much disk space on my macbook.
This way I can continue to use my macbook (without buying a new one b/c of memory - sorry Apple).
Is this a good way to manage my media files and macbook?
Android Airport time capsule compatibility
I have a macbook pro and an Android mobile devices and wanted to know if airport time capsule will work as a storage and backup solution on Android.
I know it will work as a modem for internet access but will I be able to store my data and access it from my non apple devices?
- Asked by Omar N from Dayton
- Jul 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Android Airport time capsule compatibility)
No answers yet
Can I use time capsule for iTunes and iPhoto libraries
I have a macbook and macbook pro which are both used independently. I would like to use a time capsule to store files and iTunes and iPhoto libraries. What I am looking to achieve is to be able to stream wirelessly my files between either of the computers and access iTunes and iPhoto from either machine. The majority of hard drive space would then be freed up on both machines and for no loss of service. I would think that playlists and albums would be unaffected by this change. Any advice would be gratefully received. Many thanks
- Asked by Alan T
- Nov 27, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use time capsule for iTunes and iPhoto libraries)
Can I access photos stored on airport time capsule via itv?
- Asked by Keith B from Canberra
- Jan 19, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I access photos stored on airport time capsule via itv?)
Can the Time Capsule back up data stored on its own segregated drive too? I want to remove the photos from my MacBook Pro HD and store on TCapsule HD
Can Time Capsule be used to store my music/pictures/video/etc. files first, then back up via Time Machine after?
I would like to use Time Capsule as a replacement for my current external hard drive which stores old files (and have access to it at any time) as well as be the automatic Time Machine back up from now on.
- Asked by Barrett I from Honolulu
- Jun 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Time Capsule be used to store my music/pictures/video/etc. files first, then back up via Time Machine after?)
In addition to Time Machine from networked Macs, can I use this to back up an external drive connected to the Time Capsule via USB?
I currently use a Seagate hard drive to store all my family photos and videos and am concerned with a drive failure occurring. I would like to attach this Seagate drive to the new AirPort Time Capsure and have the Seagate backed up to the TIme Capsule. Is this possible? My goal is redundancy. Thanks!
- Asked by Joshua G from Brooklyn
- Jul 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (In addition to Time Machine from networked Macs, can I use this to back up an external drive connected to the Time Capsule via USB?)
Can I back my MacBook onto two separate Airport Time Capsules via Time Machine: one TC used as wireless router, the second TC to extend the WiFi?
I already have an Airport Time Capsule, which I use as my wireless router, as well as backing my MacBook on it via Time Machine.
If I got a second Time Capsule which I would use to extend the WiFi, could I set Time Machine to back my MacBook onto both Time Capsules?
can i use TC as external wireless media source library for two Macs, and attach the ioSafe Fire/Waterproof HD via USB to use as TM?
Hello, thinking of getting the ioSafe Fireproof/waterproof HD, and am wondering the following:
- Basic sharing: can I wirelessly connect two Macs to TC via WiFi, and point all media directories to it as my source library? I'm able to connect everything to the drive and see the file structure, but can't figure how to utilize as my source library. The TC is the primary router for the household with about 12 devices using it (not simultaneously)
- can I do the above, and attach the ioSafe via USB to the TC, and use the ioSafe as the Time Capsule?
My hunch is I can, but I seem to be hitting various issues and I simply can't coherently connect the dots, so am hoping someone can help. Thanks in advance!!
(not asking for someone to explain step-by-step: that would be AWESOME, but also would be great to get something like " 1. yes, 2. no" and I'll do the research myself)
- Asked by Tyler C from San Francisco
- Aug 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use TC as external wireless media source library for two Macs, and attach the ioSafe Fire/Waterproof HD via USB to use as TM?)
Can I backup one Macbook Pro to two Time Capsules on same WiFi network?
I use Time Machine to backup my Macbook Pro onto a Time Capsule, which is also my WiFi router.
Thinking of buying a second Time Capsule, which I would use to extend my WiFi signal in the house.
If so, could I set Time Machine to backup my MacBook Pro onto both Time Capsules (so that I have a second backup disk, in case one Time Capsule fails..)?
- Asked by Dumitru Stefan R
- Jul 11, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I backup one Macbook Pro to two Time Capsules on same WiFi network?)
Is it possible to disable the Time Machine function and use the internal hard drive as a shared file server instead? Streaming media is not necessary
- Asked by Kathryn F from Los Angeles
- Dec 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to disable the Time Machine function and use the internal hard drive as a shared file server instead? Streaming media is not necessary)