Similar questions from the community
What is the procedure to transfer data from previous Time Capsule to new one? Is there software utility provided? Or is it automatic when TC attached
- Asked by Neal G from Boca Raton
- Jun 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the procedure to transfer data from previous Time Capsule to new one? Is there software utility provided? Or is it automatic when TC attached)
how to shift data from time capsule to airport time capsule
I want to shift data from my Time Capsule 1TB - to a new Airport Time Capsule 2TB.
How do I do this?
I have started to set up the new Airport Time Capsule 2TB, but it says if I replace the existing base station the settings will automatically migrate to the new ATC. Does that mean I lose the data I want to transfer?
- Asked by John D
- Mar 26, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (how to shift data from time capsule to airport time capsule)
Is the TC MIMO compatible?
Have new iPad Air. Have read reviews that say it would benefit from MIMO-compatible router. Don't know what that is, but is the Time Capsule one of them? :-). Thanks!
- Asked by Lawrence S from Vestal
- Nov 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the TC MIMO compatible?)
No answers yet
Apple time capsule - how to verify a backup.
Ive just purchased a new computer. I have an Airport timecapsule and the backup are up-to-date ready for transfer to the new computer. My question relates to verification of the back-ups. I noticed “once” that during a backup it was trying to do a verification of the backup and it got stuck at 51% for over 12 hours - I gave up and turned off the computer. Now that I’m about to transfer data over to the new computer, I’m wondering if I should do the verification again - however, I cant find any options on the backup preferences to do this. My question- is the verification essential to do prior to transferring data to the new computer and how do I do this? Many thanks
- Asked by Karina W from Kadina
- Mar 1, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple time capsule - how to verify a backup.)
No answers yet
Where can a person download the previous version firmware for this Wifi AC Time Capsule?
Also, how can one receive an email alert when a new firmware is available?
- Asked by Allison A from Chattanooga
- Jun 18, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can a person download the previous version firmware for this Wifi AC Time Capsule?)
Why isn't there a Thunderbolt port on the new Time Capsule?
It would seem the fastest way to transfer data from a Time Machine backup to a Mac would be with a Thunderbolt cable. It seems counter intuitive to move large amounts of data from a 3TB back by USB 2 when Thunderbolt technology is clearly superior
- Asked by Jack K from Las Vegas
- Jun 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Why isn't there a Thunderbolt port on the new Time Capsule?)
Can you transfer backups from an older generation time capsule directly to latest time capsule?
I have one of the last generation Time Capsules that is currently backing up 5 macbook pros, can I transfer those backups directly to the new Time Capsule?
Without having to do a full backup from the individual machines?
- Asked by Anthony W from San Diego
- Oct 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you transfer backups from an older generation time capsule directly to latest time capsule?)
Can I transfer data stored on my icloud to my time capsule? Or from my iphone to my Time Capsule?
My iphone has a lot of pictures on it and has run out of space, so I figured I would get icloud and back up to that and then delete the photo's from the phone. Well now my icloud account is getting to its limit and I was thinking why can't I just move all of my photos to my time capsule. However I can't seem to find a way to do that.
Do you know if there is an option to move the data from my icloud account to my time capsule?
And for future prevention of this issue, do you know if there is a way to move the pictures from the phone to the time capsule so that I don't have to fill up my icloud account?
- Asked by Jason S from Reno
- Feb 20, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I transfer data stored on my icloud to my time capsule? Or from my iphone to my Time Capsule?)
Can I back my MacBook onto two separate Airport Time Capsules via Time Machine: one TC used as wireless router, the second TC to extend the WiFi?
I already have an Airport Time Capsule, which I use as my wireless router, as well as backing my MacBook on it via Time Machine.
If I got a second Time Capsule which I would use to extend the WiFi, could I set Time Machine to back my MacBook onto both Time Capsules?
I have a few questions related to Time Capsule Security.
(1) Is the connection between the wifi router and the AirPort Utility secured, e.g. via https?
(2) What ports are open for the 2TB internal storage?
(3) What ports are opened with the attachment of USB storage?
(4) Are there any publicly available security studies on the AirPort Time Capsule?
Thank you for your time.
- Asked by Matthew James S from Alexandria
- Sep 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a few questions related to Time Capsule Security.)
New TC support multicast ? (not in bridged mode)
I have a TC from 2 years ago and was working wonderfully as a replacement plugged into my OpenReach Fibre Modem.
However I picked up YoviewTV recently and the TC I have does not support Multicast (only in bridge mode), so had to revert to my basic PlusNet provided router, subsequently losing up to 10mb on speed.
Does this new TC support multicast ?
- Asked by Roly A from Thatcham
- Oct 1, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (New TC support multicast ? (not in bridged mode))
can i use TC as external wireless media source library for two Macs, and attach the ioSafe Fire/Waterproof HD via USB to use as TM?
Hello, thinking of getting the ioSafe Fireproof/waterproof HD, and am wondering the following:
- Basic sharing: can I wirelessly connect two Macs to TC via WiFi, and point all media directories to it as my source library? I'm able to connect everything to the drive and see the file structure, but can't figure how to utilize as my source library. The TC is the primary router for the household with about 12 devices using it (not simultaneously)
- can I do the above, and attach the ioSafe via USB to the TC, and use the ioSafe as the Time Capsule?
My hunch is I can, but I seem to be hitting various issues and I simply can't coherently connect the dots, so am hoping someone can help. Thanks in advance!!
(not asking for someone to explain step-by-step: that would be AWESOME, but also would be great to get something like " 1. yes, 2. no" and I'll do the research myself)
- Asked by Tyler C from San Francisco
- Aug 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use TC as external wireless media source library for two Macs, and attach the ioSafe Fire/Waterproof HD via USB to use as TM?)
how can i erase data from my older time capsule? And can I transfer the data to the newer Time Capsule before eraseing it?
- Asked by Ronald F R from Fabius
- Oct 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how can i erase data from my older time capsule? And can I transfer the data to the newer Time Capsule before eraseing it?)
Can I use this to transfer a macbook hard drive to a brand new Macbook Pro?
So, I have this old macbook and would buy this time capsule if I can use it to transfer everything from my old computer to a brand new one that I just ordered. Does this work? Will I be able to keep all my programs such as Word, Powerpoint, even my games without having to RE-BUY them?
- Asked by John B from Astoria
- Sep 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to transfer a macbook hard drive to a brand new Macbook Pro?)
If I get a 3TB TC will it work flawlessly together with my 2TB TC that is full? ie itunes feeding from both sources, 5TB available to my system?
So I have a 2TB TC working well with my iMac and Apple TV through my itunes library. Unfortunatley my 2TB is full, if I get the 3TB TC will they work together so I have a total of 5T available to my iMac / itunes / Apple TV or will I have to transfer my info to the new one only freeing me up 1TB??
- Asked by Dave K from Whitecourt
- Jun 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (If I get a 3TB TC will it work flawlessly together with my 2TB TC that is full? ie itunes feeding from both sources, 5TB available to my system?)
Transferring existing external backup hard drives to Airport Time Capsule?
I want to backup 4 devices on a home wifi network with an Airport Time Capsule (ATC):
iPad I (iOS 5.1.1)
iMac (OS 10.5.8, connected via ethernet cable to Airport Extreme.
MBA (OS 10.8.4)
The iMac is backed up by 2 external hard drives, a 1 TB OWC Mercury Elite that has only TimeMachine backup of the iMac, and a 250 GB Mercury Elite that is the storage for the iPhoto library on the iMac and for some other photo backups.
Questions. 1. Can I backup the iMac, which has most data, via the ethernet cable to ATC instead of via wifi? 2. Can I transfer or move the 1TB that Time Machine has backed up on the external hard to ATC? 3. Can I manually transfer data, for example the iPhoto Library or other photo back up from the 250GB external to the Airport Time Capsule?
thanks for help,
- Asked by Armando M from Wilson
- Aug 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Transferring existing external backup hard drives to Airport Time Capsule?)
Is it possible to transfer data directly from Seagate Backup Plus to AirPort Time Capsule?
I currently use Seagate Backup Plus 1TB for my MacBook Air.
But since it was originally for Windows and it is not wireless, I'm considering to purchase AirPort Time Capsule to replace it.
My iTunes library, videos, and photos are all currently stored in Seagate Backup Plus.
I was wondering if it's possible for me to transfer those data directly to AirPort Time Capsule.
My MacBook Air's hard drive is not large enough to transfer the data from Seagate external hard drive, so it has to be the direct transfer between Seagate and AirPort Time Capsule...
- Asked by Joji H from San Francisco
- Jan 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to transfer data directly from Seagate Backup Plus to AirPort Time Capsule?)
i already have the older 4th gen version of the time capsule. Can i transfer from the older version to the new version without losing any data ?
I would like to use two time capsules as wireless hard drives only. Can I transfer the same data to two time capsules at the same time? (Raid System)?
- Asked by Mark L from Belle Isle
- Dec 10, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (I would like to use two time capsules as wireless hard drives only. Can I transfer the same data to two time capsules at the same time? (Raid System)?)
Can the time capsule HD be partitioned
Can I partition the time capsule hard drive so I can use one partition for time machine backups and another for separate data storage?
- Asked by Neil S
- Jun 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the time capsule HD be partitioned)