Similar questions from the community
What is the radius (distance from the router) of the 1.3Gbps speed. The 450Mbps?
- Asked by Michael F from Lynchburg
- Jan 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the radius (distance from the router) of the 1.3Gbps speed. The 450Mbps?)
Speed concern when connecting Airport Time Capsule to a wireless N router
I have a 2wire 5012NV (wireless N) as main router. I would like to wirelessly bridge a 2TB Airport Time Capsule (wireless AC) to it.
Can I get AC speed when running time machine backup for my rMBP (wireless AC)?
How about attaching a NAS to the Time Capsule via Ethernet? What speed can I get if I want to access the NAS wirelessly? Does the transmission pass through the wirelss N main router?
- Asked by Fay Hong L from Singapore
- Apr 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Speed concern when connecting Airport Time Capsule to a wireless N router)
Connecting the ATC to a FIOS high speed coax fiber router
What is the best method? Just using the fios router as the main and then turning off wifi, then plug in the Apple Time Capsule (ATC) into an ethernet port? What do I gain/loos, as the Fios router currently is extremely fast...What's the "best of both worlds" set-up configuration
- Asked by Steven L from Voorhees
- Aug 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting the ATC to a FIOS high speed coax fiber router)
As a PC user wanting this is a router and an external hard drive. Is there any difference between this and the previous 2011 Time Capsule model?
I.e. will the differences in wireless speed be apparent on a PC.
what is the speed upload and download
- Asked by Pierre L from Mississauga
- Feb 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the speed upload and download)
No answers yet
how to increase internet speed
- Asked by Andres P from San Diego
- Jul 8, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (how to increase internet speed)
What are the max download speeds on the Time Capsule?
Going to be getting fiber optic that supports 1 GB upload and download speeds. I'm wondering if the TimeCapsule can support these speeds, but not finding any information on the technical specifications.
- Asked by Elizabeth D from Boulder
- Sep 7, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the max download speeds on the Time Capsule?)
How would I go about using a Time Capsule with Time Warner Cable?
They force you to rent one of their routers. Would I just connect the two using an ethernet cable? Would this affect the speed of Internet I get? And would it be silly to pay for Time Capsule if I already have to pay for a router? I know you get the backup capabilities, but having 2 devices for Wi-Fi seems unnecessary. I have all Apple products.
- Asked by Casey G from Louisville
- Jun 2, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How would I go about using a Time Capsule with Time Warner Cable?)
can i use this as my comcast xfinity router
I ordered Comcast's internet service but I plan to purchase my own router. can I use an airport Time capsule as the router without another device?
- Asked by Nicholas L from Chicago
- Mar 15, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this as my comcast xfinity router)
Can I combine two wifi routers
If I have a large home with two wifi routers, if I make one of them be the Airport Time capsule can I link the two together as one system with just one logon for wifi. Or I guess the question is can I make the other router a extension of the Airport Time capsule
- Asked by William S from Katy
- Oct 16, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I combine two wifi routers)
What is the number of people who can use this router at once?
We have an office with about 200 devices on the router simultaneously. Part of our work involves streaming video and / or uploading and downloading really, really large graphic files. Can this handle that?
- Asked by Jonathan B from Bedford
- Mar 12, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the number of people who can use this router at once?)
Will range and speed be increased at all for non ac devices?
Is there any benefit for my older devices (802.11n)?
- Asked by Mark L from Calgary
- Jun 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will range and speed be increased at all for non ac devices?)
I have a large old house and use several airports to cover the distances. I want to upgrade to use two airports wired together. Will this work?
I want to use a CAT5e between 2 AirPorts. The far end of the house is like a bunker and cannot get any signal to my AppleTV. It would be nice to have one AirPort Time Capsule in the mix for backing everyone up. Any thoughts?
- Asked by Michael R from Pittsburgh
- Dec 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a large old house and use several airports to cover the distances. I want to upgrade to use two airports wired together. Will this work?)
Can an AirPort Time Capsule be used as a modem?
I'm looking to switch the network provider because of some reasons: price, performance, and device. I pay
I pay $59.47 per month get only maximum speed of downlaod up to 12 Mbps, upload 1.5 Mbps.
Wondering if I the AirPort Time Capsule can be used as a modem and wireless router and to boost up performance for my network provider?
- Asked by Serey Wathna S from Houston
- Mar 8, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can an AirPort Time Capsule be used as a modem?)
New TC support multicast ? (not in bridged mode)
I have a TC from 2 years ago and was working wonderfully as a replacement plugged into my OpenReach Fibre Modem.
However I picked up YoviewTV recently and the TC I have does not support Multicast (only in bridge mode), so had to revert to my basic PlusNet provided router, subsequently losing up to 10mb on speed.
Does this new TC support multicast ?
- Asked by Roly A from Thatcham
- Oct 1, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (New TC support multicast ? (not in bridged mode))