Similar questions from the community
using AirPort Time Capsule with both iMAC and PC
I have a new iMAC and an old PC that runs Windows Vista. Can I simply remove my old wireless router and replace it with a new Airport Time Capsule, and will the old PC still have a wireless connection? Is there anything else I should take into consideration?
- Asked by Carol K from Miami
- Aug 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (using AirPort Time Capsule with both iMAC and PC)
CAN IT BE USE TO BACK UP PC
Can Airport time capsule be used to back all PC that is on the network
- Asked by Van-hien T from Katy
- Jan 16, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (CAN IT BE USE TO BACK UP PC)
No answers yet
The AirPort Time Capsule could be used as backup of the network files for PC´s using Windows XP,Vista, 7 and 8?
Airport support Windows PC´s for Backup and Wireless use?
- Asked by Jorge P from Lehigh Acres
- Sep 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (The AirPort Time Capsule could be used as backup of the network files for PC´s using Windows XP,Vista, 7 and 8?)
Can I back up my PC to Time Capsule
I am slowly converting the house to Apple. I still have my last PC as my main home computer. It has the bulk of all my files, pictures, etc. Can I back it up to Time Capsule? I eventually will break that computer down as the kids get older and everyone ends up with laptops. Thanks for the help.
- Asked by Rocky L from Katy
- Aug 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I back up my PC to Time Capsule)
No answers yet
Can an AirPort Time Capsule be used as a modem?
I'm looking to switch the network provider because of some reasons: price, performance, and device. I pay
I pay $59.47 per month get only maximum speed of downlaod up to 12 Mbps, upload 1.5 Mbps.
Wondering if I the AirPort Time Capsule can be used as a modem and wireless router and to boost up performance for my network provider?
- Asked by Serey Wathna S from Houston
- Mar 8, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can an AirPort Time Capsule be used as a modem?)
Can I connect a printer to my time capsule using WPS?
I have a Canon Pixma wireless printer that can only connect to WiFi via WPS. I have a Time Capsule 2TB router. I do not see a WPS button on it. Is there a way to trigger the WPS functionality via some other means? In other words: without using a USB cable, because that is connected to my wife's desktop PC, how can I virtually press a WPS button on my Time Capsule to connect the printer to my apple network?
- Asked by Bob R from West Valley City
- Jul 5, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a printer to my time capsule using WPS?)
Does the AirPort Time Capsule (2013) allow USB or Ethernet-connected drive to be used as part of the Time Capsule functionality?
Would like to explore connecting a USB-drive-enclosure and/or an Ethernet-drive-enclosure to allow more backup space to be available to users on my home network. Even if this would supercede the internal drive, I would find it preferable to other options like SLUG or FreeNAS which can be cheaper but potentially less-reliable.
For example, an Ethernet-capable NAS of, say, 10TB could be connected to one of the Gigabit ports, but would the AirPort Time Capsule (2013) recognize it as an extension of the internal storage, and therefore part of the Time Capsule storage media used for native Mac backups?
If there's not a way to do that, how arduous or risky is it to move the existing backups from the Time Capsule's internal drive to an external drive (ex: Ethernet-connected NAS) to free-up space on the 2TB/3TB internal drive, without corrupting the contents of that internal drive? Is there a way to initiate the move from within the Time Capsule itself, and thereby avoiding downloading/uploading all of that content over-the-network (to/from the PC) unnecessarily?
- Asked by Harlan H from Mequon
- Jun 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the AirPort Time Capsule (2013) allow USB or Ethernet-connected drive to be used as part of the Time Capsule functionality?)
Can I backup the AirPort Time Capsule hard drive to an external drive?
I currently backup an iMac and a Macbook Pro to an AirPort Time Capsule using Time Machine. I want to make a monthly backup for offsite storage. Can I simply backup the Time Capsule hard drive every month to an external hard drive to accomplish this?
- Asked by Albert L from Murphy
- Mar 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I backup the AirPort Time Capsule hard drive to an external drive?)
Make a WiFi Network with a Data Card and Airport Time Capsule
I am considering buying a Airport Time Capsule mainly to have a back up of my iMac. But i now read that it can also be used as a router - so i am a bit curious if i can somehow use a DataCard to create a WiFi. I have been given an extra DataCard with my iPhone that i intended to use for my iPad and it connects to a 4G network with very fast upload and download. Is this somehow doable?
- Asked by Palle Kamuk N
- Mar 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Make a WiFi Network with a Data Card and Airport Time Capsule)
Can i use an external hard drive with the Time Capsule as a separate time machine?
I have an iMac with a 1TB fusion Drive and a Macbook Air with a 128GB SSD. I want to use the Time Capsule to back up my iMac and i want to use an external drive connected to the time capsule to back up my macbook air using time machine.
- Asked by Corin G
- Jul 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use an external hard drive with the Time Capsule as a separate time machine?)
Compatible with iMac 3.4ghz
I have a late 2013 iMac using OS X 9.5. This is a second computer not my main one which is a PC so I am rusty on mac utilities and hard drives, etc.. Use for editing movies. My 1T start up disk is full. Not sure I know how to use Time Machine - I need extra storage. Is this compatible and do I need anything else? Is it intuitive to use? I want to remove the stored videos and projects off my computer and store on this Time Capsule.
- Asked by Michele W from Lewes
- Jan 27, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible with iMac 3.4ghz)
Am I able to back up entire PC running Windows Professional 7 using Acronis true image 2015 to Airport Time capsule - 2TB?.
Can AirPort Time Capsule be used as an external hard drive?
Can i save my data on it? Because i don't have enough space on Macbook.
- Asked by Benjamin O
- Aug 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can AirPort Time Capsule be used as an external hard drive?)
Can I use the airport time capsule as a server? Can I back up PC to airport time capsule or it is only limited to backing up Mac computers?
- Asked by Srdan K from Sherman Oaks
- Mar 13, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the airport time capsule as a server? Can I back up PC to airport time capsule or it is only limited to backing up Mac computers?)
Questions before purchase
I have a imac and a pc. With the imac will not have problems, but I can replace my old router the AirPort Time Capsule, my pc can get connected to internet using ethernet cable? another question, can I use the 2TB storage to share documents and music between all my computers and mobile devices? thank you very much
- Asked by Fabiano S from Rio De Janeiro
- Dec 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Questions before purchase)
No answers yet
How would I go about using a Time Capsule with Time Warner Cable?
They force you to rent one of their routers. Would I just connect the two using an ethernet cable? Would this affect the speed of Internet I get? And would it be silly to pay for Time Capsule if I already have to pay for a router? I know you get the backup capabilities, but having 2 devices for Wi-Fi seems unnecessary. I have all Apple products.
- Asked by Casey G from Louisville
- Jun 2, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How would I go about using a Time Capsule with Time Warner Cable?)
Can I backup my iPhone with time capsule?
Using a home Wi-Fi, am I able to back up my apple device to the time capsule?
- Asked by Maurice J from Newark
- Aug 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I backup my iPhone with time capsule?)