Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
226 Questions from the Community
The 24" iMac I bought in the fall of 2008 had a mini-DVI. Now the iMac is delivered with a min-Display port. Sometime between then and now they switched. So first you must determine which port you have. I purchased the mini-DVI to DVI adapter and used it with a Samsung SyncMaster T240HD with no problems. However, the adapter is only about 6-8 inches long so I found it necessary to buy a standard DVI cable to reach from the adapter to the 2nd monitor. I would assume from the descriptions and pictures that the mini-display port to DVI adapter is about the same length.
- Answered by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxx
- Mar 8, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this adapter plug into my 24 inch imac (2009 model) to add second moniter that is dvi ready?)
how do you connect a macbook to firewire device?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxx
- Nov 18, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you connect a macbook to firewire device?)
can i hook my mac book air (early 2014) to tv?
- Asked by Steve H from Fortuna
- Oct 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i hook my mac book air (early 2014) to tv?)
24" LED monitor, need to connect to Mac Mini with DVI, not mini port display
- Asked by Brenda P from Vancouver
- Jan 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (24" LED monitor, need to connect to Mac Mini with DVI, not mini port display)
how do I hook up my macbook air to my TV?
- Asked by David R from Santa Fe
- Dec 13, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I hook up my macbook air to my TV?)
IF your MBA is a late 2010 (ie. Latest) model, the Mini DisplayPort will carry audio as well as video. So - IF your TV has a HDMI port, you would be better off buying a Moshi Mini DP to HDMI adapter, so the audio can play through the TV.
- Answered by Fraser A
- Apr 14, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how do I hook up my macbook air to my TV?)