Questions & Answers for Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
90 Questions from the Community
The only way to connect a hard drive directly to a Time Capsule is with a USB cable. If your G Raid has a USB port, the included USB cable can be used.
- Answered by Daniel W from Chico
- Jan 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I want to connect my 4TB G Raid thunderbolt hard drive to time capsule to use it wirelessly at times?)
When will this adapter work in Bootcamp (windows 7)? If it will...
- Asked by Kevin C from Chatswood
- Jun 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (When will this adapter work in Bootcamp (windows 7)? If it will...)
Yes, but you must install the Windows Bootcamp drivers for the thunderbolt ports to work in Windows.
- Answered by Ryan G from Abbotsford
- Jul 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (When will this adapter work in Bootcamp (windows 7)? If it will...)
can it be used on an ipad 2
perhaps an extremely dumb question, but I will fully admit that I am far from tech savy. I'm going abroad and ethernet is all that is available...can I use this for my ipad 2? Also, what do I need to get to get this thing to work?
- Asked by Christina S from Mason
- May 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be used on an ipad 2)
No. The ipad 2 does not have a thunderbolt connector (also do not confuse this with the lightning connector with newer iPads, which is different again). If you get yourself an Airport Express, that will plug into an ethernet port and provide wifi that the ipad 2 will be able to connect to.
- Answered by Ben W
- May 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can it be used on an ipad 2)
can i connect an external hard drive to my airport extreme via the thunderbolt to ethernet connector?
I have an 8TB G-Raid Studio drive that I'm trying to connect to my airport extreme via a thunderbolt to ethernet connector for media storage.
My network is setup as follows 2TB Time Capsule --> 8 port gigabit network switch --> Airport Express x 2 & Airport Extreme.
I have a buffalo linkstation connected to the TC for my work server. I wanted to use this raid drive for a media server. I have connected the raid drive to the Airport Extreme using the Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet connector but can't seem to have the drive recognized on the network... How can I fix this?
- Asked by Mujahid M from Upland
- Jun 1, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect an external hard drive to my airport extreme via the thunderbolt to ethernet connector?)
can you use hdmi thunderbolt adapter to stream movie from amazon firestick
- Asked by Edward M from Wallisville
- Dec 4, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use hdmi thunderbolt adapter to stream movie from amazon firestick)
Will this work with a MacBook Pro Model A1398?
- Asked by Louis V from San Juan
- Apr 18, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a MacBook Pro Model A1398?)
Can I set up my airport time capsule direct to my I Mac
I've tried connecting direct from the airport time machine to the ethernet socket on my I Mac. I keep getting, no cable connection? I've also tried direct from the modem to the airport T M, Same result. I'm running out of options and need help
- Asked by Kenneth R
- Nov 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I set up my airport time capsule direct to my I Mac)
Does this product support native Vlans?
- Asked by Alexander K from Horsmonden
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this product support native Vlans?)
Does it support NetBooting?
- Asked by Michael K from Rochester
- Jun 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support NetBooting?)
There is no way to connect a Thunderbolt external hard drive to the Apple Time Capsule.
-connecting a Thunderbolt to Enet adapter to a Thunderbolt external hard drive doesn't do anything useful. (no NAS support built-in to Thunderbolt hard drives)
-Apple Time Capsule doesn't support adding extra storage via enet or USB2 (although it could possibly support adding storage via USB2)
- Answered by Chris S from San Jose
- Aug 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I want to connect time capsule to a thunderbolt external hard drive. Can I do that and what cables do I use)